MPTagThat will not load properly (1 Viewer)

tunesmanca

Portal Member
May 24, 2010
Home Country
Canada Canada
I've have music files on various local and network drives. It is always the very same result. This program just will not recognize music files.

tunesmanca

Portal Member
May 24, 2010
Home Country
Canada Canada
You absolutely blow me away with your service. The major software vendors should strive to do half as well.

It really looks to me that your program is encountering something in Windows that it doesn't like.

This software is sheer genius, by the way. I have fortunately been able to get it to run on my secondary machine and have actually been working with it very extensively. Absolutely blows "Tag & Rename" right out of the water.

Thanks again!!!

tunesmanca

Portal Member
May 24, 2010
Home Country
Canada Canada
Attached please find the new log file.

A most interesting thing. I started by double clicking the D drive, where many of my music files are. The log file says that it located four files and only four files. There are actually no music files on the root of D drive. There are however four main directories (and a multitude of sub directories within them) that do contain music files on that drive. When I actually tried to scan the main directory where my 8000+ music files are, according to the log it found zero files. I definitely confirm that. Very strange.

Thanks a lot. And good luck. I somehow think this is going to be a stubborn one to solve.

tunesmanca

Portal Member
May 24, 2010
Home Country
Canada Canada
:oops: It is working after all.

After I'd written to you I thought I would try again. I noticed that "scan subdirectories" was not turned on. I scanned a single subdirectory and presto!!! It found music files.

I don't know what has changed (the settings in the previous version were definitely right) but you can't knock success.

This just might be destined to remain one of the great unresolved mysteries of the universe.

Thank you ever so much again for your most exemplary service. I'll let you know if anything goes wrong.

:D

Justintoxicated

Portal Member
July 4, 2010
I can't get MPTagThat to run either. I mean technically I can. The program launches. I get the splash screen. Then it disappears. And that is all. I am running on windows 7.

However the process list shows that the program IS running. Windows-Tab displays the application but when selected, nothing shows up. Alt-Tab reveals an icon of the application running, but the application itself (shows up behind the icon in win 7 areo) is a transparent window (Looks like when you alt tab over to the desktop). I doubt the log files will show anything because technically the application is running, I just don't have any access to use it.
\
I tried switching to win7 basic to see if it is an areo glitch, but the program still will not show up over the desktop.

Attachments

• TagThatWinTab.jpg
    TagThatWinTab.jpg
    223.3 KB
  • HooverOverMpTagThatIcon.jpg
    HooverOverMpTagThatIcon.jpg
    312.9 KB

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I noticed, that sometimes the screen positions are being wrong and i display the program window with negative coordinates.
    Could ylso b the size of the form

Please have a look into your config file to clarify that for me:
    c:\Users\<yourname>\AppData\Roaming\MPTagThat\Config\MPTagThat.Core.MPTagThatSettings.xml

On the very Top you should find "FormLocation" and "FormSize".
    Make sure thet X, Y and Height, Width show values within your screen coordinates.

If that is ok and still not working, i can upload you a version, i am currently working on, which uses different screen components.

chezoik

July 19, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hwahrmann,
    I have same problem as justintoxicated; just started a couple of days ago. Here is what my form lines say:
    <Setting name="FormLocation"><Point> <X>-32000</X> <Y>-32000</Y> </Point></Setting>
    <Setting name="FormSize"><Size> <Width>940</Width> <Height>684</Height> </Size></Setting>

Not sure how to know if those values are "within my screen coordinates"... I do know, though, I think, that for a couple of days, MPtagthat was showing up as a tiny bit of the right side on the upper left side of my screen. Sometimes I could pull it over but other times not... now it's gone completely.

Someone suggested deleting the config folder completely, which I did, to no avail.

Any thoughts? I love the program, have been using it extensively last few months... sad to lose it...

chezoik

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom