MPTouch - Mediaportal TouchScreen Plugin (2 Viewers)

MPTouch MainScreen Buttons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi, no more crash with the TV (VERSION 0.0.1.3) but some stuttering of the picture. I try to slow down the process and it's work. So I think that it should be nice to have a "process priority" choice in the configuration. Someone agree ?

Damn I thought that issue was gone for good!!

Yes I will add a process priority option in next version.
    May I ask what setting you used?

I have a Quad core so I don't notice these kinda issues any more ,and I rely on testers to find these issues, So thanks for pointing this out :D:D

Cheers Sa

Hi, I just downloaded and installed the latest version of this plugin and it works excellent!

I'm using a Samsung SPF-105P photo frame as a secondary screen (over USB, no touch screen). I'm using MediaPortal on a dedicated mediacenter + TV and it's been a long time wish of me not to have the TV display on all the time when listening to music. This plugin is doing that for me! EXCELLENT!

I can recommend anyone with digital picture frame to use it with MP and this plugin!, Just the "Now Playing" part is excellent. (Actually, it's all I've seen of it so far)

Some issues and ideas:

My system: Windows 7 x64, Samsung LDC TV, MP 1.1.0 RC3, Samsung SPF-105P photo frame.

1- The picture frame has a somewhat odd resolution: 1024 x 600 (15:9)... This means that currently I have skin problems, but I know this is on your todolist already

2- I had a consistent exception during startup. Everything seemed to work, except that this error dialog would not go away from the middle of the screen. It has something to do with not being able to link the screen or something. (The error was translated to Dutch by someone who didn't have a clue what he was translating)

3- When the MP Touch plugin is enabled, I can't quit MP. Alt+F4 does not work. I can't even get the task manager to show

4- I have a *feeling* that sound is just a bit out of sync. I just had this tought, but since it has been mentioned before on this forum I felt I needed to report it.

5- I'm using my mediacenter with a remote. Would it somehow possible to use the features of MP Touch using a physical remote (or keyboard shortcuts?). Currently, I've only seen the "Now Playing" window, since I don't have a clue how to switch. I could try my mouse, but normally it's not plugged in.

6- Could the secondary screen be blanked as soon as the system goes into standby/sleep? I'm not sure if this is an MP issue, Windows issue or Samsung issue, but as soon as the system goes into standby, the picture frame freezes its last known image.

That's all I could think of right now... I voted max for this plugin on the download page! Keep up the good work!

1. Sorry to say but a 15:9 resolution will probably not be supported for a while

2. Need logs (error.log) to help

3. caused buy Question 2

4. Is the sound out of sync or does it feel like its out of sync???

5. Mouse or Touch input only , The only thing your missing is navigation and mediacontrols but both of these rely on touch functions

6. Sounds like its your Photoframe causing last image to freeze

Now learning that this works with Photoframes etc maybe MPTouch V2.0(DirectX) maybe ill add a second screen info option for non TouchScreen users , But adding this now would pretty much mean a complete re-Write

Cheers Sa

nschoot

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2007
    That's all I could think of right now... I voted max for this plugin on the download page! Keep up the good work!

1. Sorry to say but a 15:9 resolution will probably not be supported for a while

2. Need logs (error.log) to help

3. caused buy Question 2

4. Is the sound out of sync or does it feel like its out of sync???

5. Mouse or Touch input only , The only thing your missing is navigation and mediacontrols but both of these rely on touch functions

6. Sounds like its your Photoframe causing last image to freeze

Now learning that this works with Photoframes etc maybe MPTouch V2.0(DirectX) maybe ill add a second screen info option for non TouchScreen users , But adding this now would pretty much mean a complete re-Write

Cheers Sa
    :D for your fast reply!

1. I understand. Can I modify the skin to suit my needs better? (I haven't checked the capabilities of that yet)
    2. Understand. Somehow, the problem has magically disappeared. Not sure why
    3. I figured that now out too :p. I can now also use the mouse to discover the other options a bit.
    4. To be honest... I don't know. Today i didn't notice any syncing problem anymore. Let's forget about this.
    5. OK.. maybe something for a version 2.0? :D
    6. I am afraid of that as well. When Win7 goes into standby it probably suspends USB before it starts dimming the screen (which results in the frame not getting any updates). The frame should react on that...

I understand that I'm somewhat "abusing" your touchscreen plugin... but basically this is the only (good) MP plugin around that supports a secondary screen properly! There is a minidisplay plugin, but that's strictly for VFD's only.

Maybe the approach for a 2.0 could be to be a "secondary screen" plugin with touchscreen capabilities, instead of a touchscreen plugin with support for other secondary screens. Reading the posts on the forum here, the secondary screen support is quite a powerful and versatile feature!!

Again, keep up the good work!

christix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2008
    Skepplanda
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi! Maybe I dubbelposting here in that case sorry. I have a question about the thumbnails shown in the plugin. If i start MP and watch a TV channel it shows the default"X".
    If I then watch a movie the correct thumb for the movie is shown. If I then go back to TV, the thumb of the movie is still there. Wont change unless I shoose musik, or another movie. IIs it supposed to work that way? Another question (not very importante) is that if i try to navigate the plugin with the "Hard buttons" of my Zalman HD160XT it browses two steps instead of one. You have done a wonderful job with this plugin, and I thank you for that. Besides It sounds very intresting with the soft remote, instead of keyboard :=)

Christer

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi! Maybe I dubbelposting here in that case sorry. I have a question about the thumbnails shown in the plugin. If i start MP and watch a TV channel it shows the default"X".
    If I then watch a movie the correct thumb for the movie is shown. If I then go back to TV, the thumb of the movie is still there. Wont change unless I shoose musik, or another movie. IIs it supposed to work that way? Another question (not very importante) is that if i try to navigate the plugin with the "Hard buttons" of my Zalman HD160XT it browses two steps instead of one. You have done a wonderful job with this plugin, and I thank you for that. Besides It sounds very intresting with the soft remote, instead of keyboard :=)

Christer

Good find,:D this will be a simple fix (V0.0.1.4 should be ready sunday)

The hard button problem may be with your Hard button setup as my hard buttons work fine ,but I dont have a HD160xt
    Has anyone else with a HD160xt have this prob???

Also the keyboard is gone and replaced with Virtual remote :)
    And in v0.0.1.4 there are more skin options , You can choose between Blue and Black plus Custom skin support

Cheers Sa

christix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2008
    Skepplanda
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi again!
    I have noticed another strange behavior. If I choose an episode from a channels group (in my case "All channels group") the
    plugin don't display the right channel/episode. It take a couple of minutes, then it's showing the right info.
    It can show right channel, but episode name from another channel or the other way around.

On the other hand, If I browse channels with channels up/down button on the remote it's allways correct info on the touchscreen.

Unother question. When watching movies there is this line: "Genre 1900". Where are you planning there?

Now inuff of trouble, and :D:D:D and please keep up the good work.

Christer

Das Reich

Portal Member
    May 6, 2010
    The Reich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Sa_ddam,

since the 0.13 release, I can´t hear any music anymore. Don´t know the hell why!
    The music starts and withing the next 1-2 minutes, MP crashed resp. closed without
    any warning. I tried it different times, also with Asio on/off etc. Always the same.
    Please help.

Let made an error.log:
    2010-05-24 01:53:55.763884 [ERROR][(17)]: MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
    2010-05-24 01:53:55.779509 [ERROR][(17)]: Exception System.ObjectDisposedException: Auf das verworfene Objekt kann nicht zugegriffen werden.
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
    bei Ernzo.WinForms.Controls.PeakMeterCtrl.Start(Int32 delay)
    bei MediaPortal.MPTouch.TouchScreenMain.DisplayEQ()
    bei MediaPortal.MPTouch.TouchScreenMain.GetEQTick(Object state)
    bei System.Threading._TimerCallback.TimerCallback_Context(Object state)
    bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    bei System.Threading._TimerCallback.PerformTimerCallback(Object state)
    2010-05-24 01:53:55.779509 [ERROR][(17)]: Exception Auf das verworfene Objekt kann nicht zugegriffen werden.
    2010-05-24 01:53:55.779509 [ERROR][(17)]: site System.Object MarshaledInvoke(System.Windows.Forms.Control, System.Delegate, System.Object[], Boolean)
    2010-05-24 01:53:55.779509 [ERROR][(17)]: source System.Windows.Forms
    2010-05-24 01:53:55.779509 [ERROR][(17)]: stacktrace: bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
    bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

Thanks,

DR

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again!
    I have noticed another strange behavior. If I choose an episode from a channels group (in my case "All channels group") the
    plugin don't display the right channel/episode. It take a couple of minutes, then it's showing the right info.
    It can show right channel, but episode name from another channel or the other way around.

On the other hand, If I browse channels with channels up/down button on the remote it's allways correct info on the touchscreen.

Unother question. When watching movies there is this line: "Genre 1900". Where are you planning there?

Now inuff of trouble, and :D:D:D and please keep up the good work.

Christer

I think the TV info Problem is on the MP side , MPTouch updates the info every second if the info has changed but this does not happen when selecting from the TV guide but after a minute or so it appears . I have spent hours trying to resolve this problem but no luck so far.

When watching movies the line shows the movie genre and movie year but only if the information is available (IMDB)
    Mind you most people dont really use IMDB for movies because of the moving pictures plugin, So maybe i'll remove line 2 of the video info

Cheers Sa

Hello Sa_ddam,

since the 0.13 release, I can´t hear any music anymore. Don´t know the hell why!
    The music starts and withing the next 1-2 minutes, MP crashed resp. closed without
    any warning. I tried it different times, also with Asio on/off etc. Always the same.
    Please help.

Let made an error.log:
    2010-05-24 01:53:55.763884 [ERROR][(17)]: MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
    2010-05-24 01:53:55.779509 [ERROR][(17)]: Exception System.ObjectDisposedException: Auf das verworfene Objekt kann nicht zugegriffen werden.
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
    2010-05-24 01:53:55.779509 [ERROR][(17)]: Exception Auf das verworfene Objekt kann nicht zugegriffen werden.
    2010-05-24 01:53:55.779509 [ERROR][(17)]: site System.Object MarshaledInvoke(System.Windows.Forms.Control, System.Delegate, System.Object[], Boolean)
    2010-05-24 01:53:55.779509 [ERROR][(17)]: source System.Windows.Forms
    2010-05-24 01:53:55.779509 [ERROR][(17)]: stacktrace: bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)

Thanks,

DR

That is strange!!!:mad::confused:
    The EQ has not been changed since V0.0.0.8 so not sure why it would start crashing now, As it works fine on my 3 HTPC's

Are you using an external player for your music??
    Are you using RC3 (Haven't downloaded source Code yet)

Can anybody else play music without a crash???????

Kernel.32

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Firts of all thanks for this GREAT plugin. I have a Thermaltake DH-102 and finally I can use lcd touch screen with MP.
    I have one "feature request": when MP is recording a TV program, the display says "rec". Is possible to add a button to stop the recording?

Also the keyboard is gone and replaced with Virtual remote :)
    And in v0.0.1.4 there are more skin options , You can choose between Blue and Black plus Custom skin support
    a
    Veeeery good! :D

Das Reich

Portal Member
    May 6, 2010
    The Reich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That is strange!!!:mad::confused:
    The EQ has not been changed since V0.0.0.8 so not sure why it would start crashing now, As it works fine on my 3 HTPC's

Are you using an external player for your music??
    Are you using RC3 (Haven't downloaded source Code yet)

Can anybody else play music without a crash???????

Hiho,

I´m still using the internal player and not the RC3. Dont know the hell why.
    With the previous version, I had absolutely no problems. And I have made
    no changes at all - even on my whole PC. Im only using MP on it and nothing
    more (except browsing the web or posting error logs *smile*)

I´m a bit speechless, coz I simply dont know how to solve that problem now
    (except using an old version and don´t install further versions of MPT :eek:)

Cheerz,

Das Reich

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom