[solved] MPTvScheduler - Android client for MediaPortal and TvServer (2 Viewers)

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    New beta version is available on Play.

- New UI for tablets
    - Ability to resume recordings from the last position (needs MPExtended 0.6.0 beta4 & MX Player)
    - Ability to rename client
    - Bug fixes and performance improvements

Happy testing! ;)

Albibox70

Portal Member
    August 25, 2016
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi, I've a problem in using MX Player: the resume function doesn't always work (installed 0.60 beta 4, but stil not able to reproduce a repeatable sequence "error") on my S4mini and - this is worst - when tapping the "back" key on my phone to stop/exit MX Player and return to mptvscheduler, on the server starts a new "mpextended.libraries.vlcwrapper.exe" task in parallel with the previous running task.
    When finally exiting from MX, one mpextended.libraries.vlcwrapper.exe task ends and one keeps alive, so the server keeps transcoding until the end of the stream (or killing the task).
    This is a problem as tasks may grow up "Killing" the server (transcode is CPU intensive).

Without using MX Player, the player launched gives very limited options.. so..
    In general I agree with CanOBeansTV:

Are you able to provide recordings with the ability to move to any point within the recording. At the moment, it doesn't return an end time, so trying to move further through a recording is not possible. With the right profile, it is possible in Amproid, and WebMediaPortal using the right streaming profile. I love how the streams start so quickly, but if it was possible to timeshift through the recording as well.

Basically, I love the way the program works, as it is quick and responsive, but if it could replicate the Ampdroid recording playback, with the ability to have a timeline, and to resume from where it was last watched, I'd completely move away from it

HTTP-LIVE stream (medium quality) in Ampdroid gave for me the best compromise in terms of quality/playback flexibility.

Two more thing about MPExtended_060beta4 on the server:
    1) is it possible to set a specific "temp" dir for Mpextended (for transcoding or everything else)? It now uses the system "temp"\MPExtanded\.......
    2) On my system it does not clean temp file created during transcoding, so disk space used for temp file grows up until I manually clean.

Thanks and regards
    Alberto

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi, I've a problem in using MX Player: the resume function doesn't always work (installed 0.60 beta 4, but stil not able to reproduce a repeatable sequence "error") on my S4mini and - this is worst - when tapping the "back" key on my phone to stop/exit MX Player and return to mptvscheduler, on the server starts a new "mpextended.libraries.vlcwrapper.exe" task in parallel with the previous running task.

Please try an ffmpeg profile.

Two more thing about MPExtended_060beta4 on the server:
    1) is it possible to set a specific "temp" dir for Mpextended (for transcoding or everything else)? It now uses the system "temp"\MPExtanded\.......
    2) On my system it does not clean temp file created during transcoding, so disk space used for temp file grows up until I manually clean.

I will check it.

CanOBeansTV

Portal Member
    September 24, 2016
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I see the resume is now working, but it would be good to get it to move through the recording time line, don't want to have to watch the stuff recorded before it starts every time I watch a recording.
    Agree with Albibox70, that the HTTP Live streaming is fairly good, I'm lucky enough to get away with HD for that.
    If you could look at querying the media length to allow movement through the recording.

Might also want to show in the app how far through the recording in when resuming as well, otherwise you'll never know where you were up to

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    New beta version is available on the Play.

• Display resume time in resume dialogue.
    • Second TV Server profile if the external dns address is not same as the internal one.
    • Some bug fixes.

DrMopar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi, the WOL function isn't working for me. Samsung Galaxy S6 phone. I have the old aMPdoid app on there also and it wakes the sever every time without issue but I can't get it to work on this app. The server is running Win10 and is set for only Magic Packets to wake it. It wakes without fail from other PCs on the network.

Thanks

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi, the WOL function isn't working for me. Samsung Galaxy S6 phone. I have the old aMPdoid app on there also and it wakes the sever every time without issue but I can't get it to work on this app. The server is running Win10 and is set for only Magic Packets to wake it. It wakes without fail from other PCs on the network.

Thanks

Is your S6 on same local network with PC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom