Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    possible problem here...

i just disconnected the network cable of the computer running tvserver and my client obviously lost signal whilst watching tv.

the problem is that i tried to connect again the tv, see the epg or do something tv related and it does not work.

can someone check this?

ps. the computer runing tvserver continue working normally. when i restarted mp in the client everything work perfectly.

I can confirm, when Network is lost while MP is running (TV started or not) it will not show EPG until restart of MP.
    Looks like it connects to the TVServer but not SQL. It does show only "connect TVServer" after the "Enter IP"-Screen, also.

great, then its not my setup and its something dev should look at as having to restart mp is not nice.

do we have to post it in another place also? bug section or something?

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    I have another one..

Tvserver doesnt remember all advanced recordings,ive set several soaps to record every day sametime.. (girlie)..

Tvserver doesnt remember them when all clients have been shutdown in between on the next day..

most of the scheduled shows are gone..
    as long as there is a client connected it is no problem. Tvserver seems to remember all

can anyone confirm ?

YES!! I was getting crasy!!! I had a weekly schedule like "Record Every monday at 21:30 prision break".. and sometimes every week I need to set the recordings again because they disapare_--

I thought that was my boyfriend deleting the schedules!! jajajajajaja so is a BUG.. jajajaja

My boyfriend is going to kill me.. Because he was sure that he did't touch nothing jajaja

Iosu

Then I suggest you kiss and make up .. I've read that other people are having the same problem :D

umm, he is looking to me very bad, I hope tonight we fix this "personal bug" jajajajaja

Iosu

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have another one..

Tvserver doesnt remember all advanced recordings,ive set several soaps to record every day sametime.. (girlie)..

Tvserver doesnt remember them when all clients have been shutdown in between on the next day..

as long as there is a client connected it is no problem. Tvserver seems to remember all

can anyone confirm ?

YES!! I was getting crasy!!! I had a weekly schedule like "Record Every monday at 21:30 prision break".. and sometimes every week I need to set the recordings again because they disapare_--

I thought that was my boyfriend deleting the schedules!! jajajajajaja so is a BUG.. jajajaja

My boyfriend is going to kill me.. Because he was sure that he did't touch nothing jajaja

Iosu

Then I suggest you kiss and make up .. I've read that other people are having the same problem :D

umm, he is looking to me very bad, I hope tonight we fix this "personal bug" jajajajaja

Iosu

Then I guess I hope for him that more of these bugs come up ;)

But question, do you run Multiseat, (which means you have a seperate TVserver only install, which streams to clients or do you have 1 machine with Tvserver and also Mediaportal ?)

I need to know if this is a multiseat bug or just for everyone.. :D

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    I have another one..

can anyone confirm ?

Iosu

Iosu

Then I guess I hope for him that more of these bugs come up ;)

But question, do you run Multiseat, (which means you have a seperate TVserver only install, which streams to clients or do you have 1 machine with Tvserver and also Mediaportal ?)

I need to know if this is a multiseat bug or just for everyone.. :D

jajaja yes.. You bet!! thats why I'm always looking for bugs :)

I'm using this :

I have a server with xp runing Tvserver and a client using vista just with Mp and tv3 client with this patch
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/245134-post1.html
    Iosu

Diggen

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    TV-Server Version: TVE3 Multiseat
    MediaPortal Version: SVN 18557
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue Two /Revision
    Windows Version: XP SP2
    CPU Type: LE-1100
    HDD: 10 GB System
    Memory: 1GB
    Motherboard: Biostar TA690G
    Motherboard Chipset: AMD 690G
    Motherboard Bios:
    Video Card: AMD x1250
    Video Card Driver: Catalyst 7.2
    Sound Card: onboard
    Sound Card AC3: no AC3
    Sound Card Driver: ?
    1. TV Card: TerraTec Cinergy 1200 - Server
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
    1. TV Card Driver: latest BDA (don't know the ver.)
    2. TV Card: Pinnacle Systems PCTV Dual Hybrid Pro PCIe 3010iX - not in use at the moment - Server
    2. TV Card Type: 2x DVB-T, 2x analog only using DVB-T
    2. TV Card Driver: 20/6/07
    3. TV Card: Twinhan 1025 DVB-S - Server
    3. TV Card Type: DVB-S
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV / ffdshow / coreav
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2°E
    HTPC Case: some ASUS
    Cooling: AMD Boxed PWM
    Power Supply: Built-In 250W
    Remote: MCE Remote
    TV: 26" LCD
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI (without Sound)

When reporting bugs, please use only vanilla TVE3 and MP. No patches. :D
    I'am only using pure SVN ;) Beside the Network bug I can confirm No. 3, too.
    When pausing LiveTV and then go for-/backwards in Timeline it Jumps to end. But going for-/backwards is Impossible.

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    jajaja yes.. You bet!! thats why I'm always looking for bugs :)

I'm using this :

I have a server with xp runing Tvserver and a client using vista just with Mp and tv3 client with this patch
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/245134-post1.html
    Iosu

When reporting bugs, please use only vanilla TVE3 and MP. No patches. :D

Yes touroutes I know, I forget to mention that.. I have 2 computer conected to the server, One is with the Patched version, the other with no patch version..

Iosu

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    I have another one..

can anyone confirm ?

I have find the fix for this a think
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/254720-post1.html

Hope this helps

I have a build working if you want it
    Iosu

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have another one..

can anyone confirm ?

I have find the fix for this a think
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/254720-post1.html

Hope this helps

I have a build working if you want it
    Iosu

Thanks for your effort, but it is already fixed by the developers in RC1 .. I am running it now for around 4 hours, and everything seems to be ok now, will check again tommorow :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom