Not open for further replies.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Over the last months, i have reworked the Music Player.
    The current implementation did a resampling of the sound, which caused several problems.
    With the new implementation this should be much better.

I need as much tester as possible, so that this implementation can become part of 1.4.0.

2013.04.29:
    New Download with bug fixes based on latest master after 1.3.0 Final here

ATTENTION: This is a Development release which contains code after release 1.3 Alpha. Some of the plugins might not work.
    But the goal is to test the Music player with as many different files and use cases as possible, so that we can merge it into the master branch, where it will become part of 1.4.

Some Major changes are:
    • WASAPI Support
    • Better ASIO handling
    • ReplayGain Support
    • Various Upmixing capabilities
    • Support of new Opus Audio Codec
    • Skip Steps are supported again
    • Resume Playback (set in Config -> Music -> Play Settings)
    Before starting to test, it is mandatory to setup the devices in Config.
    Please remove any Music Extensions Settings (Config -> Music -> Music Extensions) and revert to the default extensions.
    The list has been updated.

thanks in advance for testing.

Last edited:

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Great!

Wasapi and better asio is perfect!!!

I downloaded it, and wanted to give it a try. But I didnt yet.
    I have a kind of test system available for this. It only needs to have Movingpictures in there working and a good skin (avalonis).

During install a clean install is asked, which made me pause a bit. If I were to go ahead with this build, would I still be able to use movingpictures + avalons? And do I need to perform a clean install of those plugins as well? It is a little bit unclear in the text.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The build only includes what a standard MP has. No Moving Pic and only defaut screen.
    So yes, you would need to re-install them.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    DOH.... Guess I didnt take enough time to write down my question properly. I got a disturbed a couple of times during the writing of it.... LOL Sorry on my part as well.

Ofcourse the build doesnt 'include' all the plugins or skins.

Indirectly I think you anwserd my question anyway. The actual question was: Is the build compatible with all current plugins and skin files or not? By you saying I need to re-install them all, I deduct a Yes. So Im just going for it now.. :D

Is it possible to upgrade to the build? THe official anwser is "no" I think.
    But I found a possible cheat around I think and do an actual upgrade. I do like to know the possible risks if I do the following:
    - Backup all
    - Unzip the "MediaPortalSetup_1.2.100-2083-FEAT-Rework_BASS_implementation_branch)_...." in a folder (using 7z)
    - Go to folder "deploy"
    - Start and go through installation process of "package-mediaportal.exe"

Just did the above thing: The result is all plugins, skinfiles and settings are still there. An upgrade.

Last edited:

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    OK,

Did some tests with a Yamaha RX-V661 connected through Optical SPDIF from a Xonar DX card. Be aware of ... weirdness.. with Asus Xonar cards.. :(
    -Enabled Windows driver setting "Give exclusive mode..." and "Allow applications to take exclusive controle..."
    -Enabled DTS and Dobly Digital
    -Enabled 44.1 / 48 / 96 and 192 khz
    -Volume controle at 100% in MP and Win7

Tested Bass > OK - No issue on MP3's

Tested WASAPI (exclusivemode disabled) >
    MP3: Perfect playback
    SACD's (Super Audio CD's / Lossless media): NO audio at all with .dts .flac .ac3 or .wav files. Guess windows interupts too much.

Tested WASAPI (exclusivemode enabled) >
    MP3: Perfect playback
    SACD's: OK, but starting .wav .dts .flac files, it starts with half a second of static. BUT IT PLAYS!!! :D

[Update] Checking "Gapless playback" seems to fix this inbetween files. logical even, as mixing isnt possible.
    When starting a 44.1khz DTS file, I hear a short hiss/static noice and then the music. Stopping playback completely and selecting a different file, i.e. 44.1khz AC3, I shortly hear this noice again. It is only ~2/10th of a second or so. It feels like audio is already being sent to the AV receiver before the signal is changed to 44.1khz dts/ac3/flac signal. Once the receiver swithed, it is perfect.

I am unable to play 48khz DTS/AC3 files. (Old mantis Bug??)

Tested ASIO > Same result as with wasapi with exclusive mode enabled.

My conclusion so far: It works VERY well. Despite the fact I am using a Xonar card.... Ghehehe..

I will add to this post the findings.
    Anything you'd like me to test? Any logs?

Last edited:

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Cool, thanks for testing.

DTS / AC3 should work as well. Can you post the logs, when you tried them? (Please enable Debug Level)

As for the short noise, that is probably AV Receiver related. Let's wait, what other users report.

Please run as much tests as possible.
    e.g. let it play for > 1 hour.
    Skip to other songs, while in playback
    try different audio formats, if you have them
    anything else you could think of

I just want to make sure, that we have tested as much combinations as possible.

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Are you planning to integrate a resume function, to start files from last point you stop playing? This would be a nice feature for audiobooks, because mostly they have big files.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Logs attached.

I tested various files. Ill add the .flac playback log later. Plus the long duration test will have to wait till I have time. Sorry
    Tested Fast forward and backward. Works fine.
    I have numerous testfiles. Want me to post em as well? They are samples of DTS 44.1+48khz + AC3 44.1+48khz.

Last edited:

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I have numerous testfiles. Want me to post em as well? They are samples of DTS 44.1+48khz + AC3 44.1+48khz.

Yeah, just to add it to my list of test files. Can you upload them to some file hoster and PM me the link?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Are you planning to integrate a resume function, to start files from last point you stop playing? This would be a nice feature for audiobooks, because mostly they have big files.

Will have a look into that.
    If it is done easily, i'll try to implement this one. e.g. for titles which ares stopped before end of file and are longer than 10:00 AND the option for resume has been configured, a dialog can be dsiplayed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom