Mustayaluca - A blended MP Skin [RELEASED] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

macardi

Portal Member
January 26, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi,

I have been working on and off with a MP skin for a while and thought that someone else might be interested. The inspiration comes from various sources as you can see. Some parts are more or less rip off´s from other skins like the home screen which orgins from djh´s AEON over at XBMC. Other inspirations comes from crj´s work over at Meedios and some inspiration have been taken from joostzilla and his Maya skin. So basically its a blend from various sources combined with my own ideas.

I have it up and running on my own system and it works quite well but there are some work left to do to make it complete and user friendly.

The thing is that I have my self lost focus and inspiration to develop it further for various reasons so if someone are interested i will release it as it is. I have in a way come to a new point in my life which will give me no time to take on request or take care of bug fixes or further development. I don't know if this is against the rules of the community or considered bad manner but perhaps someone else could pick up the torch where i left it and make the project alive and ongoing?

Some other remarks about the skin:

It is not complete. Moving Pictures, TV-Series, Online videos, MyLyrics, Spotify are all supported to some extent. Most of the inbuilt MP functionality are supported but not all.
I'm not a skinner so the code are probably a mess.....
I have taken advantage of the VideoBackgroundAutoSwitcher plugin and the skin is designed to run this plugin to work properly. The plugin can be downloded from here: VideoBackgroundAutoSwitcher
The tv-mini guide is somewhat special since it just give you one line at the time (see screenshot)
The home screen menu is perhaps not that easy to configure. I have used the AEON home screen menu creator to make the ground work but have modified it quite a bit from there.
The Now Playing screen is very much clean and simple (see screenshot)

Some release notes:

The skin files can be downloaded from here: Mustayaluca.zip

Install all fonts in the font folder

Put your music fanart in the fanart folder

If you would like to use the weather icons they are included, just read the readme file

Make sure to read about the remarks in the list above.

Hope you enjoy!

Cheers
Macardi

blendo.jpg

Screenshots

Two additional versions are now avaliable for the TvMiniGudie, se screenshot below.

tvminiguide.jpg

The files can be downloaded from here: Mustayaluca TvMiniGuide.zip

Paste the textures in the textures folder in the Mustayaluca skin folder and replace the TVMiniGuide.xml with the one of your choice.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Mustayaluca - A blended MP Skin

That looks great, :D BTW: What font are you using for your capital letters? I´m looking for a font like that since weeks!

macardi

Portal Member
    January 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: AW: Mustayaluca - A blended MP Skin

The font name is Scout and is used in djh´s Alaska skin at XBMC. You can download it from there

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Re: Mustayaluca - A blended MP Skin

Looks awesome!
    I don't know if this is against the rules of the community or considered bad manner but perhaps someone else could pick up the torch where i left it and make the project alive and ongoing?
    IMO this is exactly what open source is about - and what makes it so great!

I hope you release it. If you have (c)-doubts , just leave those parts out of the package (fonts, icons).

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

It looks very nice. Too bad you don't have time to continue working on it.

Emph

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

That's an incredibly good looking skin, very 'clean' - I sure hope someone picks it up for development!

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England

Your work so far looks fantastic and although it takes design elements from other skins I don't think it looks like any other skin available for MP at the moment.

I hope that you can release this in any sort of state soon, I'm positive the community will pick this up and finish that which you don't have time to complete.

-ltb-

Portal Pro
    April 10, 2006
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : Mustayaluca - A blended MP Skin

I hope you release it too,

mufdvr3669

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 1, 2008

This is one of the cleanest and most well laid out skins I have seen for Mediaportal. I also wish you'd release the code so some fine people can release a final version.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Hey man,

this looks awesome, too bad that you can't continue working on this but life comes first...

Looking forward to this!

:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom