My Films 5.1 released (19.09.2011) - V5.1.0.1468 (MP 1.2.0) (1 Viewer)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I have posted a new sticky/poll: Which Movie Catalog do you use with My Films? Please vote!

The votes on this poll may be used to decide if support for the catalog is continued in My Films.

As we get closer to the release of v5.2 we really need testers for all the different catalog types. If you are willing to test one of the catalog types, please respond in the Testing thread. This may also determine if additional fields, or other development, are added to these catalogs.

We would really like to release v5.2 with as few bugs as possible and with all new features working as intended, but we cannot do that without your help and good testing. As soon as Guzzi considers v5.2 ready for testing it will be released in the Testing thread for anyone to test. However, we want to ensure that all catalog types are covered by at least one tester who is experienced with the movie catalog and can spot any issues.

Keep in mind that 'official' testers get the 'inside track' (i.e. top priority) on requests for new features (quid pro quo) :)

:D

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: My Films 5.1 released (19.09.2011) - V5.1.0.1468 (MP 1.2.0)

The integration with OnlineVideos 1.0 doesn't work for me!
    Only works version 0.33
    :(
    Hi
    this is a known issue and already fixed for MyFilms 5.2. Sorry for inconvenience...

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ok, so before I dive into My Films, I just wanted to ask a few questions regarding how I'd like to set this up:

1. Can movie covers be displayed similar to this : http://www.ebrsoft.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/1466e0ba44e615a9cbf24dc26676fb61.157x220.png
    2. Can I use the IMDB+ scraper with My Films?
    3. I have all my films in seperate folders along with a folder jpeg and a backdrop jpeg. Can my films handle this so I use my own files rather than downloading them again?
    4. Regarding the logo's shown at the bottom of the screen here : http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/@api/deki/files/1943/=MyFilmsMain.jpg Is there a logo for displaying the age range of the film, similar to a dvd cover?

Sorry for all the questions but I just need to understand what I can and can't do as I have an image in my head of how I'd like it to look.

Thanks in advance.

Steven

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Steven:
    I'll try to answer the best I can. Since you did not say which movie catalog software you use, I am assuming you wish to create one using My Films - i.e. use the Ant Movie Catalog format, which is the 'default' for My Films. So my answers are based on that.
    1. Movie covers - I am not sure what you mean - the cover display is partly a skin issue, and partly depends on which cover image(s) you have. If you can be more specific about the example image you linked to, maybe I can answer more.
    2. IMDb+ scraper - no you cannot use it, it works only with Moving Pictures plugin. However, My Films includes two IMDb Grabbers and a Grabber engine which you can use to customize the data you grab and how you add it to your catalog. You can even grab data/images from different sites. So again, if you indicate which features of IMDb+ you want I can answer more. See the wiki: Grabber Scripts
    3. folder.jpg - IIRC yes, My Films supports that, but normally that depends on how the movie catalog manages links to the cover images. Guzzi can answer more about that, and I am not sure about backdrop.jpgs in movie folders. I know that works for other catalog types because they export the fanart path in the xml, but Guzzi will have to answer about using AMC Updater to import movies to AMC format.
    4. logos for age range - do you have an example of such a logo? There is not a default logo for age range, although there is a default thumb image when you view by years. However, you can add your own logos and rules to My Films - see Custom Logos in the Wiki. Sounds like a cool idea though, and we might be able to add something if you can post a sample.
    Sorry I can't be more specific, hope that helps?

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    1. Movie covers - I am not sure what you mean - the cover display is partly a skin issue, and partly depends on which cover image(s) you have. If you can be more specific about the example image you linked to, maybe I can answer more. What I mean is to have the cover looking more like the example in that it looks like a dvd/bluray case with the dvd/bluray logo on it rather than having it like a post as such.
    2. folder.jpg - IIRC yes, My Films supports that, but normally that depends on how the movie catalog manages links to the cover images. Guzzi can answer more about that, and I am not sure about backdrop.jpgs in movie folders. I know that works for other catalog types because they export the fanart path in the xml, but Guzzi will have to answer about using AMC Updater to import movies to AMC format. I'll await an answer from Guzzi on this one.
    3. logos for age range - do you have an example of such a logo? There is not a default logo for age range, although there is a default thumb image when you view by years. However, you can add your own logos and rules to My Films - see Custom Logos in the Wiki. Sounds like a cool idea though, and we might be able to add something if you can post a sample. What I mean by this is: On each film case, there is an age rating logo. What would be nice is to use these logo's in a style that matches the other logo's currently being used. I did see a thread somewhere here that had the logo's in it.
    Sorry I can't be more specific, hope that helps?

Hope my comments above explain it better.

Thanks

Steven

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Steven - yes your comments helped thanks!

1. DVD style covers - that can be done either:
      1. In the skin. For the Default skin files for My Films we use the standard style in the Default skin (though there are a couple options available - but none like you want). You can probably check other skins to see if they have a different background/overlay image for covers you like better, and change (Picture_cover.png) in the skin files to the image you prefer: MyFilms.xml for main window and MyFilmsDetail.xml for the Details window. The image files are stored in the media folder of each skin folder.
      2. By grabbing DVD cover images like the image you posted - I have seen those on some sites but most of the sites provide movie posters rather than the actual DVD covers. If you find a site with great quality English DVD covers we can probably add a grabber to get them. You can even have a go at creating one yourself using the Grabber Engine. ;)
    2. Rating logos - gotcha - you mean the MPAA rating or certifications. My Films 5.1 doesn't support certifications natively because Ant Movie Catalog 3.5 does not, although you can grab them and add them where you like. However in v5.2 support for AMC 4 custom/extended fields is planned, including Certification, so it might be possible to use logos for the ratings then. I am not sure where you saw them - My Films does not have those logos at present, and AFAIK most skins don't provide them either (IIRC only StreamedMP uses them?). But it might be a good idea for future development to provide them with My Films. Thanks!

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007

folder.jpg - IIRC yes, My Films supports that, but normally that depends on how the movie catalog manages links to the cover images. Guzzi can answer more about that, and I am not sure about backdrop.jpgs in movie folders. I know that works for other catalog types because they export the fanart path in the xml, but Guzzi will have to answer about using AMC Updater to import movies to AMC format. I'll await an answer from Guzzi on this one

Hope my comments above explain it better.

Thanks

Steven
    Hi Steven,
    using fanart.jpg from movie folder is currently not supported. It is planned for a future release together with improved nfo support - see issue 93.

bwg

Portal Pro
    December 25, 2007
    Home Country
    HI guys, just a small bug - I use the folder.jpg option for covers (selected from the drop-down for Picture Handling in AMCUpdater). However, this option is not available in the My Films config artwork tab - the Picture Handling drop-down there only contains full path or relative path. Therefore, any time I save the My Films config, it changes the AMCUpdater config to either full or relative path, whichever is selected in the My Films config. I then have to open AMCUpdater again and change Picture Handling back to folder.jpg

Would be nice to see this fixed for the 5.2 release if it's not much work ;)

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007

HI guys, just a small bug - I use the folder.jpg option for covers (selected from the drop-down for Picture Handling in AMCUpdater). However, this option is not available in the My Films config artwork tab - the Picture Handling drop-down there only contains full path or relative path. Therefore, any time I save the My Films config, it changes the AMCUpdater config to either full or relative path, whichever is selected in the My Films config. I then have to open AMCUpdater again and change Picture Handling back to folder.jpg

Would be nice to see this fixed for the 5.2 release if it's not much work ;)
    Hi bwg,
    seems, the code is already there, but I forgot to add the option to dropdown .... so I just did that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom