Myfilms Doesnt Launch Movies with MP1.0 RC1 (1 Viewer)

Launch Movies Working for you

• Total voters

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    can u help me configure it have tried and still no joy!

Sorry to ask

No problem, please upload a screen-capture of your MyFilms settings, and also one of your ANT-Database entries....I will have a look at what you have wrong.

Also, do have 4.5 SVN version installed?

lestat1977uk

Portal Member
    August 11, 2008
    ok screenshot attached sorry for the confusion.

I don't use ANT as it takes to long to configure, i use mymovies2, which is suppose to be supported, the XML file i exported is located on the loca;l drive C:

The actual movie files are on my main pc

Take a look let me know what u think

:D

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
      Untitled.jpg
      61.7 KB

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country

I don't use ANT as it takes to long to configure, i use mymovies2, which is suppose to be supported, the XML file i exported is located on the loca;l drive C:

OK, I'm going to have asume that the "ANT" and "MyMovies2" XML looks the same, because I dont use MyMovies2...if its not, then I dont know what the problem might be....sorry.

In case that it is the same, then I see a few possible problems with your setup...

1) Try mapping a drive rather than entering your network-path under "Path For Movie File Search", so it should be something like "E:\Films & HD Films\"
    2) Change the "Ant Item for Storage File Info" to "Source", or do you have the location for your files in the "URL" XML-entry? It does not matter if its in the "URL" or "Source" entry, but the xml-value should be the same as path...something like "E:\Films & HD\Transformers.avi"...
    3) To help MyFilms to find the file, also complete the "Ant Identification Item", it should be the XML-entry that contains your Movie-Name...in my case its the "Original Title"....
    4) I also have the "Search by Movie's Name" ticked, and also selected "Original Title", the same as in point-3 above..

My understanding from the wiki is that you have to complete the items under "Play Movie Infos", even if you select MyMovies as the "catalog type"....but I might be wrong :D

zebons

Portal Pro
    January 2, 2006

Can you give an extract of your movie database generated (name is the same as your movie database with _tmp added. In the same directory) ?

lestat1977uk

Portal Member
    August 11, 2008
    Hi guys

i have attached a screen shot and the xml, hopefully from this you will be able to point me in the right direction, thanks for all your help

Attachments

• Settings.jpg
      Settings.jpg
      52.7 KB
    • Titles.xml
      30.6 KB

lestat1977uk

Portal Member
    August 11, 2008
    Hi again,

Still trying to get this working have tried a phew things but still no joy, sorry to be asking for more help but really am stuck!

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    Hi again,

Still trying to get this working have tried a phew things but still no joy, sorry to be asking for more help but really am stuck!

I have had a quick look.....your XML-file looks very different from the ANT one..but I'll stry to analyse it for you...

I'm working a bit blind here, I have no idea what your MyMovie configuration looks like....can you please post the MyMovies2 config-screen for the "Balls of Fury" entry?

Your XML-file shows the following path <LocationSideA>D:\Films\Balls Of Fury</LocationSideA>, is this where your Movie-Files are located, as seen from your MediaPortal-PC? If it is, try changing the config in MyFilms to point to "D:\Films".....

When I get home later, I will have a look at the available config-items in MyFilms and see if I can match them to your XML-File entries....

zebons

Portal Pro
    January 2, 2006
    Hi again,

Your XML-file shows the following path <LocationSideA>D:\Films\Balls Of Fury</LocationSideA>, is this where your Movie-Files are located, as seen from your MediaPortal-PC? If it is, try changing the config in MyFilms to point to "D:\Films"...
    Are your movie a dvd copy or an avi file ? In tha last case try to put the fullname of your movie filename for ex D:\Films\Balls Of Fury.avi

Users who are viewing this thread