Names of recorded files not making sense (1 Viewer)

rileydogmi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am not quite sure why my tv shows are naming the way they are. In my setting, I have them as shown in the screen shot - I would expect that to mean the season and episode would make sense. However, after the "S" I get a really long string that is the same for all the episodes within a series (for example, Modern Family all have EP01158124 after the "S"). And then, the episode number is the show episode number that includes the series. For example, Modern Family series 1 episode 1 is showing as:

Modern Family - SEP01158124E101 - Pilot.ts

Based on my settings, I would expect it to show as:

Modern Family - S01E01 - Pilot.ts

I looked at all my other recordings with other series and they all have similar issues.

Thanks!
    Screen Shot 2014-10-26 at 7.54.33 PM.png

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

The names are only going to be as good as your EPG data. So, where/how are you getting your EPG data, and does that data have correct season and episode numbers?

Regards,
    mm

rileydogmi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2014
    Home Country
    Thanks - I am using the schedules direct plugin... All my data is coming from there (I would assume).[DOUBLEPOST=1414417275][/DOUBLEPOST]Maybe I found something - I was looking at the SD plugin - maybe this is why my EPG data doesn't conform to that format (the Fetch season and episode information checkbox is unchecked)? I checked the box and reloaded the EPG data... I guess I will know when the next show records. Thanks.

Screen Shot 2014-10-27 at 8.38.01 AM.png

Last edited:

rileydogmi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2014
    Home Country
    All seems well although only 20% of my shows matched tvdb entries after I checked that box - I was able to fix this by adding series name mappings for those series that didn't work. So, all is well and seems to be working very well now. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom