[Need Feedback] issues with floppy/firedtv firmware 1-2-0 (1 Viewer)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    [Need Feedback] issues with floppy/firedtv firmware 1-2-0

some uses have reported problems after they have upgraded to frimware version 1-2-0
    it seems that the problems are related to the used CAM. thats why only some users are effected

Problem description:
    • commoninterface.exe extremely slow when accessing CAM
    • commoninterface.exe shows "Error: CI not supported by hardware"
    • TV-Software can no longer connect to floppydtv (not a specific MediaPortal issue!!!! )
    • with H/W pid filtering enabled you only find a few channels during autotune (unlikely that is a MediaPortal issue since Skystar2 works fine with H/W pid filtering enabled )

Feedback
    If one of the issues described above occurs on your PC, please use the template below and add all required informations.
    that informations will be forwarded to digital everywhere.

DO NOT POST ANY MEDIAPORTAL SPECIFIC PROBLEMS !!!

--------- ] feedback template [ ---------

Operating System: WindowsXP | Prof | MCE | Home
    Installed Servicepack: none | SP1 | SP2
    Product: floppydtv | firedtv
    Type: dvb-s | dvb-c | dvb-t
    Rev.Number:
    BDA-Driver:
    CAM:
    CAM-Firmware Version:
    CAM-Rev.:
    Problem ONLY occurs if CAM inserted: Yes | No
    Problem ONLY occurs with FW 1-2-0: Yes | No
    problem gone if removing power completely from PC: Yes | No

Problem description:
    describe the problem in detail.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Workaround:
    to be still able to use your floppydtv you can downgrade to 1-1-1 ::download::

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Operating System: WindowsXP MCE 2005
    Installed Servicepack: SP2 - rollup 2
    Product: floppydtv
    Type: dvb-s
    Rev.Number: 1_02
    BDA-Driver: 4.2.0
    CAM: AlphaCrypt
    CAM-Firmware Version: 3.05
    CAM-Rev.: 1.1
    Problem ONLY occurs if CAM inserted: Yes
    Problem ONLY occurs with FW 1-2-0: Yes
    problem gone if removing power completely from PC: Yes

Problem description:
    CAM inserted
    1. after upgrade to 1-2-0 everything is fine.
    2. after a few restarts commoninterface.exe is extremely slow when accessing CAM
    3. after a few more restarts commoninterface.exe shows "Error: CI not supported by hardware"
    4. at this state i can not downgrade to FW 1-1-1, the fw-tool is extremely slow and doesnt start to downgrade the firmware
    5. after removing the main power completely from the PC for a few minutes, everything is working fine after first start. after a few reboots the errors start again.

CAM-NOT inserted
    absolutely no issues if the CAM is not inserted, everything is fine

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Operating System: WindowsXP MCE
    Installed Servicepack: SP2
    Product: floppydtv
    Type: dvb-c
    Rev.Number: ?
    BDA-Driver: 4.2.0
    CAM: Alphacrypt Light
    CAM-Firmware Version: 3.07
    CAM-Rev.: 1.07
    Problem ONLY occurs if CAM inserted: Yes
    Problem ONLY occurs with FW 1-2-0: Yes
    problem gone if removing power completely from PC: No

Problem description:
    I use a KabelDeutschland Smartcard which is activated for Premiere.
    Sometimes, the picture within TV feezes. After closing MP, the Alphacrypt Tool either opens and reacts very slow or it shows "no smartcard inserted". Reboot sometimes helps, removing power also sometimes helps but the problem comes back after some time. After downgrading the firmware from 1.2.0 to 1.1.0, the issue was still there. Also removing power didnot help. It started to work again, after unplugging the firewire cable. Now it works but with one restriction: Due to the fact that PID filtering is not supported by that firmware, the audio has sometimes dropouts.

I don't know, if this is not related to MP as well because the isue went worse after upgrading MP to 2.0 final.

Would an upgrade of the CAM to 3.09 help?

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

is there any update on this issue?
    I cannot believe that only the two of us do have such problems with the FloppyDTV-C/CI.

I have recently downloaded the new firmware 1.2.2 with QAM 256 enabled and flashed it onto my FloppyDTV C/CI. Afterwards I was not able to record any more from TV. The HTPC has been woken up by PowerScheduler but then the PC crashed and the screen went black. All fan have been running with max speed and nothing worked anymore! I had to reset the whole PC to get it running again. This was 100% reproducible.

Due to the fact that the new firmware 1.2.2 does not work for me, I went back to the old one 1.1.0. This one works fine with the only exception that very seldom, the TV freezes and I have to eject the smart card and put it back in again to get it work.

I would really be interested, if the mediaportal developers made any progress with digitaleverywhere or if anybody else has similar problems.

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I just setup a HTPC for my parents with a FloppyDTV DVB-S tuner.

They do suffer from the HW PID filtering issue with only a few channels being found.
    Unfortunately i dont have driver or firmware version information as the HTPC is (not surprisingly) in their home.

I havent noticed any of the other problems (yet).

They run MCE and i know that the CAM is a Conax V4.0.

When i get a chance i will try to gather the remaining info and fill out the feedback template and check for the remaining problems.

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just a thing i heard from Digital Everywhere.
    Make sure the CI App from firedtv is not running when
    you use MediaPortal

Perhaps this helps

Frodo

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I have been in contach with the programmer of the firmwares for digital-everywhere.

After quite some testing, we found out that the reason for the issues was not the FW for the floppydtv, it was the FW of the CAM.

So everyone who has issues with the floppy/fireTV should check the FW of his CAM for an update.

:)

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi infinityloop,

that's great news! Could you please provide some more information?

1. What are the CAM firmware versions, which caused the problem?
    2. What is the CAM firmware, which does not show this problem?
    3. What exact problems could you reproduce? I had Windows crashing (black screen), Disconnects of the FloppyDTV and Disconnect of the CAM.

I am using Alphacrypt light V3.07. So will an update to V3.09 solve these issues?

Thanks

MPUserFromGER

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi inifinityloop,

I have now updated my alphacrypt light CAM to V1.09 and the problems still occur. They occur less often but they still occur. So this did not fix the issue 100%.

I did not really believed in that because even if the CAM firmware causes issues, the FloppyDTV should never lock up or disconnect from firewire! It should be robust enough to handle that and e.g. reset the CAM.

The issue that I still have are:
    1. The FloppyDTV locks up.
    If this happens, even the CI tool cannot read the firmware of the FloppyDTV any more. I have to unplug the firewire cable or I have to shut down my PC.
    2. MediaPortal displays "no signal" and I have to pull the CAM or just the smart card.

So could you please drive this topic further with digital everywhere? The support there is not really helpfull...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom