[new plugin] Netflix Wrapper (1 Viewer)

sytone

Portal Member
April 17, 2013
Home Country
Barbados Barbados
So I did looks at the online videos, the problem is the login and profile process is not straight forward and the pages are not consistent so I would need to do tha parsing anyway.

Never fear I have a plan for this and will hopefully have a github release out soon if others want to contribute.[DOUBLEPOST=1408569091][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hi all,

Having the same problem with plugin crashing MP, have attached log. Thanks for taking a look at it.

Looks like the same my list issue others have had. I have found 'intersting' characters in headers have broken a few things. The current build I have should resolve it but the format of the Netflix pages changes so I an making the parsing more modular to make updates faster.

Game_dude

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Indiana
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Any updates? I guess the other Netflix plugin is dead. I was using XBMC for about a month but went back to MediaPortal. I could use the metro Netflix app but it lacks the use of the MCE remote :/

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    Any updates? I guess the other Netflix plugin is dead. I was using XBMC for about a month but went back to MediaPortal. I could use the metro Netflix app but it lacks the use of the MCE remote :/

NetFlixAlpha (the other plugin) works great.

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    Not for TV series at least for me. When I try loading up a TV series after trying to load the seasons it gives me an error which I posted about in the NetFlixAlpha thread.

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
    April 12, 2013
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    So I did looks at the online videos, the problem is the login and profile process is not straight forward and the pages are not consistent so I would need to do tha parsing anyway

Yeah, Online Videos would require 2 things - one is the movies/show list and the other is the actual playback. The playback automation wouldn't be too hard I don't imagine, it'll just be logging on and navigating to a play page (if its anything like Sky Go/4oD/Amazon Prime). I may be able to help in this area if needed, although I don't have/use Netflix myself.

I don't know how you're getting the Netflix contents, but one thing Online Videos does support is regexes for loading the movies, etc. In this case we could probably use one of the Netflix API partners (see http://developer.netflix.com/blog/read/Retiring_the_Netflix_Public_API) to scrape the data, in particular it looks like Yidio uses an AJAX call to populate its pages:

http://www.yidio.com/ajax_base_dir_...ting=&start_limit=0&end_limit=2400&letter=All

I was also wondering if anyone has contacted Netflix to see if MediaPortal could become an API partner?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom