New TVE3 plugin: AVM FritzBox / WLAN Repeater DVB-C channel scan helper (4 Viewers)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I didn't write about this issue yet. But I got answers to other questions regarding client IP limitations and scanning requirements.

They confirmed that you can only have 1 concurrent stream to a client IP. This restrictions was added because players like VLC do not always send a propert TEARDOWN command which leads to blocked tuners. They told me to check this behavior for improvements. This also means that the available number of tuners can currently not be used from single device.

The second important information is that the RTSP url needs at least one PID number > 20 in the url (i.e. pids=0 didn't work, but pids=0,21 would).

Derby

April 7, 2017
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @morpheus_xx ,
    thx for this plug-in if been waiting for along time...
    I've run into trouble by doing a channel scan:
    upload_2017-4-7_11-43-34.png

The first time i tried it, it happend on Transponder 5. Then if done an Channel scan on my DVB-C Repeater because the channel list was an old one. Now the channel scan from your plug-in run into trouble on Transponder 2.
    I set-up my Htpc with a fresh Win 10 x64 and MediaPortal 2 Pre 2 and your plug-in.
    After this fault TVserver3 is closed and cannot be startet anymore, you have to do a reset of the Computer.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, I can confirm this issue. The crash happens by the RTSP filter. But @mm1352000 published 2 patches recently here in forum. After I updated the files, I got no more crashes.

I will try to find the files and add them to first post.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    RTSP support received a big overhaul in 1.16 PR. So far a couple of crash-causing bugs have been found. You can get patches here:
    IPTV TVServer Dienst crasht mit DD OctopusNET
    Tv-server crashes on channel change using IP-TV

That should at least solve the crashes.
    Direct links:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachments/mpiptv_udp-sat-ip-crash-fix-v1-zip.186875/
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attachments/mpiptv_rtsp-live555-2017-01-26-zip.188180/
    They must be extracted to folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SlimTv.Service3

Derby

April 7, 2017
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you, very much. These files solve the problems with TVserver 3. :)
    But now the DVB-C Repeater seems to have problem during channel-scan:
    upload_2017-4-10_14-16-42.png

After Transponder 1 every channel-scan run into a timeout.
    In another attempt, I tried to access the DVB-C Repeater via the IP-adresse (192.168.178.31) during channel-scan of Transponder 2 but without succsess. The DVB-C is bussy until a hard reset (plug-off and on again). Something seens to crash the DVB-C...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you please save the playlist from the Fritz Repeater web interface and attach it here? (All 3 playlists: SD, HD, Radio)
    I want to check how many channels are on a single transponder. I already have put a limit into the url for scanning, maybe this helps in your case as well.

Derby

April 7, 2017
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thx, for the fast response.
    Here we go:
    dvb-c.zip

--- edit ---
    Is it possible to load a modified m3u-file into your plug in? I've combined all 3 files into 1 m3u-file and reduced the pids to the relevant ones for Germany KDG. Possibly this will help, but how to use it with your plugin? In the past I tried a lot with IPTV and Mediaportal, but I never managed to keep it running.

Attachments

• dvb-c.zip
      3.8 KB
    Last edited:

Derby

April 7, 2017
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    They confirmed that you can only have 1 concurrent stream to a client IP. This restrictions was added because players like VLC do not always send a propert TEARDOWN command which leads to blocked tuners. They told me to check this behavior forimprovements. This also means that the available number of tuners can currently notbe used from single device.
    You can work with a second or with virtual Lan adapters to have more than one connection to the FritzBox or the DVB-C Repeater. Than you are able to use more than one tuner from your device.

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The idea was to just use the generated playlists by the Fritz device: they only contain channels that are found valid by the scan. I.e. non-FTA (scrambled) channels are not contained in the list.The 3 lists (or so many as you select in by the checkboxes) are then also auto combined into one scan list (per transponder).

In principle support for an own list could be added though, but I'd like to keep it as simple as possible.

Did you already install the latest Fritz!OS on the device?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom