Newbie Question: How can I access MPextended from my iPad (using which App)? To watch Live TV (1 Viewer)

J. Peters

Portal Member
July 20, 2012
Baden-Württemberg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

Sorry, obviously I haven't got some basics yet. I succesfully installed MP and TV Server (with Client) and MPextended and MP Extended Services on my PC. MP works properly for watching TV on the PC.

Now I tested the access from my iPad Air using Safari to my PC (where MP TV Server and Extended are running), typing manually the MPextended URL for Streaming in Safari; it seems to work - all results are "true".

Which App do I have to install and to use for accessing and watching TV on my iPad? What and how do I have to configure or type in on my iPad?

There are some threads that say what to do on the PC, but I haven't found a guide for what and how to do on the iPad.

Many thanks in advance, and kind regards,
J.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    ATM there is no recent and finished iOS app. But you can use WebMediaPortal and a browser (Safari, Chrome, Firefox,...) to watch all your MediaPortal content (incl LiveTV) on your iPad.

Another way is to use XBMC for iOS and connect it with your MP1 TV Server. Then you can watch Live TV on your iPad using XBMC. For all other Media you need to set up XBMC as a standalone app...

J. Peters

Portal Member
    July 20, 2012
    Baden-Württemberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Lehmden,

Many thanks. Accidentally I installed the App "AcePlayer" a while ago on my iPad (it was free of charge). This has been a good decision, now. In AcePlayer I used "Medien Explorer" (I assume it is "Media Explorer" in English ;)) and selected 'Web Browser, Media on Internet'.

There I entered the URL: "http://<servername>:8080" and gave the name "WebMediaPortal". Servername is the networkname of the computer, where MP TV server is running (it is also displayed within the MPExtended WebMediaPortal Configuration Settings). Thereafter I opened this URL - and shazam:) it worked properly with different "Player" resolutions.

Within Safari and Chrome it didn't work at all on the iPad.

Best regards,
    J.

Last edited:

elawrence

Portal Member
    January 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Anu!
    Just installed your app, it's working very well. Thanks a lot!
    One "improvement": I have about 3000 satellite channels and it seems you pick the "AllChannels" group for LiveTV. Would it be a big issue to select the desired group in the settings? E.g. I have a Group "Favorites" with my most seen 20 TV stations and they are sorted. This (sorting) is also not possible and makes it difficult to find the TV Service.
    BR
    Terry

Anu

Portal Pro
    July 1, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks. Thats a good idea. Im planning on adding EPG, makes sense to have favorites too. Ill add that to my todo list along with searching.

LeeTXJD

Portal Member
    May 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Anu,

I am soooo glad to have found this post. I installed your app on my iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for a reliable app for mediaportal livetv streaming. I would echo the request to allow choosing different channel lineups.

One more thing - the settings page on the iPhone don't format well and make it difficult to enter information. Still I gave a great rating on the App Store.

Thanks for the app.

Anu

Portal Pro
    July 1, 2016
    Home Country
    Hi thanks for the kind words. It makes me very happy to know that others find something I made for myself useful. I hope to keep expanding the capabilities with regular updates.

I agree on the settings page. I'll update it to something more iPhone like in the future. It looks like the tvOS app at the moment because that is what it is :)

Thanks for the rating!

LeeTXJD

Portal Member
    May 12, 2012
    Home Country
    You're very welcome. I don't know why it is difficult to create a stable TV app, but you have done so.

-LeeTXJD

Anu

Portal Pro
    July 1, 2016
    Home Country
    Just following up here, the setting screen has been fixed for the next release and i am also adding an EPG that is currently testing.

Attachments

• Simulator Screen Shot Jan 20, 2017, 12.31.31 AM.png
      Simulator Screen Shot Jan 20, 2017, 12.31.31 AM.png
      1 MB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom