No EPG data over DVB-T (1 Viewer)

randomman

Portal Member
September 30, 2011
Home Country
Hi all,

Using MP1.2 and a Avermedia Twinstar PCI-e dualTV tuner with latest MCE drivers from their website.

I've configured the DVB as below but I'm still not getting any EPG data. Am I doing something wrong?

VXb5E.jpg

MJfZM.jpg

Any help would be great, I'm really loving MediaPortal!

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: No EPG data over DVB-T

Well.. you havent configured all. On the second screenshot you have to tick the channels you want EPG from (Grab EPG for this channels) and you may have to tick a language in which you want your EPG (Grab EPG for following language).
    You haven't ticked any channel so it isn't surprising that there's no EPG.

randomman

Portal Member
    September 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Haha damn I thought it was going to be something simple.

I'm my defense I didn't think I had to click the channels individually if I left "Store data only for selected channels" unticked.

Thanks mate!

mac_xpert

Portal Member
    October 15, 2011
    You are not alone random!

I have made the same mistake and assumptions regarding the EPG and ticking the boxes. Perhaps i shouldn't do all my testing / setup after 10pm at night... thanks for the heads up Holzi.

Matt.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Quick tip - don't select channels that do not broadcast all the time, otherwise the EPG grabber will repeatedly try to tune them when they are off-air.....

Normally, you only really need one channel per mux/transponder selected for EPG data grabbing.

Tony

karniemi

Portal Pro
    November 11, 2010
    Hi

I think I had the same problem, and I suppose I solved it the same way it was instructed above... _but_...:

The Mediaportal instructions are contradicting the instructions in this thread.

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ver_Configuration/05_DVB_EPG/1_TV_EPG_Grabber

"If the Store data only for the selected channels is unchecked it will store EPG for all channels it find EPG for."

...so it's very clear that if nothings ticked, Mediaportal should storeEPG info for all channels. Also UI wise that's how it would be interpreted by most people.

Is that something to be fixed in MP codebase...or documentation?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    "If the Store data only for the selected channels is unchecked it will store EPG for all channels it find EPG for."
    This is true.

...so it's very clear that if nothings ticked, Mediaportal should storeEPG info for all channels.
    No, you have misunderstood. You're confusing grabbing and storing.

If no channels are ticked then the EPG grabber won't attempt to grab any EPG data, and therefore no EPG data will be stored.

If at least one channel is ticked and the "store data..." option is ticked then:
    • the EPG grabber will grab EPG data from each of the ticked channel(s)
    • the EPG grabber will store data for the ticked channel(s) only; data for other channels will be thrown away

If at least one channel is ticked and the "store data..." option is unticked then:
    • the EPG grabber will grab EPG data from each of the ticked channel(s)
    • the EPG grabber will store all received data, regardless of whether the channel is ticked or not

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    I pressed "Informative" button but in fact it was "Shocking" :eek:
    I am one of the users who got confused by this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom