MP2 - V2.5 No genres after upgrade to 2.5 (1 Viewer)

Nikki Locke

Portal Pro
February 2, 2019
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MP2 Version
Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the Requirements and you've filled in your System Specs.
I tried to do that, but when I clicked on it I got Page Not Found.
==================================================================

Describe the Problem you encounter as detailed as possible! "It does not work" won't help the team to understand the problem.
Description:

I just upgraded MP2 from 2.2.4.1 to 2.5. I had a few issues:
  • All my schedules were lost.
  • I had to retune from scratch
  • After tuning, no channel groups were created, and the guide was completely blank. I retuned again, telling it to create a Digital Terrestrial group, and then I could see that group in the guide.
  • There are no Genres in the list of built-in Genres, so I cannot assign genres from the EPG to the MP2 genres (because there aren't any).
  • There were lots of gaps in the guide, so I told it to grab the guide again. Now the guide only has "No program data" on every channel!
  • There seems to be no Radio group (I had TV and Radio groups before). And I can't figure out how to add channels to a group, if I create one.

Windows 8.1 64-bit

Describe as detailed as possible the steps that are required to encounter the issue. This info is critical for the team to understand the problem.
Steps to Reproduce:

Last edited:

Nikki Locke

Portal Pro
February 2, 2019
Home Country
Which version of MP2 did you install, NET4.8 or NET6? Which TV provider, TVE3, TVE3.5 or TVMosaic?
Sorry - net 6, TVE. I assume 3.5 - I don't recall being given a choice.

P. S. The guide is populated OK this morning (still no genres, but at least I have programmes). Guess I needed to be more patient.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry - net 6, TVE. I assume 3.5 - I don't recall being given a choice.
    Thanks for reporting. There are actually quite some issues with TVE3.5 reported. The NET6 version only supports TVE3.5.
    For now I recommend to uninstall MP2 completely and installing MP2.5 with NET4 and TVE3, which yould run stable as before.
    We need to investigate deeper about the TVE3.5 issues. As we have currently no developer dealing with the TV engine it will be not so easy and take time :(

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There seems to be no Radio group (I had TV and Radio groups before). And I can't figure out how to add channels to a group, if I create one.
    With regard to this. You'll face the same with TVE3. In the release notes you can see, that we have separated TV and Radio, so there is an own dedicated tile for Radio now. So at least this one is a feature, not a bug ;)

Nikki Locke

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2019
    Home Country
    Thanks for the replies. Found the radio under extras, so that's good.
    Where are the MP2 Genres stored - in the database? Is it SQLite? If so, I could patch it, if I knew where it was, and what data to add.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi @Nikki Locke, looking into the TVE3.5 code it looks like the default genres are never added. In principle the rest of the code looks like it's there so it could just be a case of adding the genres in, however every time I go and look at the TVE3.5 codebase I uncover new issues so there's no guarantees.

If you just want a stable system, I would echo @ge2301's advice and uninstall the .net 6 MP2 version, and install the regular .net framework version with TVE3. Provided you haven't touched your previous TVE3 database you should still have all your old channels/schedules/etc.

If you wanted to take a look at fixing the genres, the TVE3.5 branch is here, there have been significant changes compared to TVE3 notably around the database layer which now uses Entity Framework Core, the genres are requested from the database here. In TVE3, the default genres are here so there would need to be a similar set of genres added at some point in TVE35.

Nikki Locke

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2019
    Home Country
    I uninstalled MP2. I thought I would try the TV Mosaic server, and installed that, then installed MP2 client for it (NET 6). However, it is not fully functional - it does not serve my photos or music, and TV Recordings does not appear on the menu.

So now I am trying NextPVR - it doesn't have all the functionality of MP2, but I quite like the simple interface.

If I don't get on with that, I will revert to MP2 & TVE3.

Nikki Locke

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2019
    Home Country
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom