No tuners available after resume (1 Viewer)

fstruijs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 20, 2009
    Breda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi experts,

Last week a did a fresh install of Mediaportal. I used Windows 8.1 as operating system (in the past I used Win7).

Almost everything works fine, but I have a serious issue.

When Mediaportal resumes from a standby, sometimes there are no tuners (I use Digital Everywhere FireDTV DVB-C tuners) available. After a restart of the tvserver services MP works fine again.

Any suggestions for a fix or workaround?

Kind regards,
    Frank

fstruijs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 20, 2009
    Breda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi mm,

I changed the log settings to debugging and attached new logfiles.

Kind regards,
    Frank

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the new log files Frank (y)

It looks like my guess is correct.
    You suspend:
    [2014-08-12 07:58:20,314] [Log ] [PowerEventThread] [DEBUG] - PS: SUSPEND

You resume:
    [2014-08-12 08:02:48,076] [Log ] [PowerEventThread] [DEBUG] - PS: RESUMESUSPEND

First interaction with the tuner is to check the CI/CAM status, and the tuner driver responds with an error:
    [2014-08-12 08:03:10,746] [Log ] [12 ] [INFO ] - FireDTV:GetCAMStatus() failed 0x80070002

The errors continue when tuning etc.
    [2014-08-12 08:03:10,986] [Log ] [12 ] [INFO ] - dvb: RunGraph returns: 0x8007001F

All three of your tuners are giving the same errors.

This is something I have seen before with FloppyDTV/FireDTV tuners.
    I would suggest:
    • ensure you're using the legacy FireWire driver
    • in the TV Server PowerScheduler plugin
      • enable expert mode (general tab)
      • on the advanced tab, enable "reinitialize TV controller on wakeup (also reinitializes tuner)"
    • in the general section of TV Server configuration, increase the "delay in seconds before TVServer detects cards" until you don't experience the problem any more; you may need to go up to 60 seconds or even more...
    Hope that helps :)
    mm

fstruijs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 20, 2009
    Breda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi mm,

Thanks for your reply. I enabled "reinitialize TV controller on wakeup (also reinitializes tuner)" (I must have overlooked this option).

However, in Windows 8.1 I cannot install the legacy firewire driver because it's not signed. I know there is a workaround for temporary installation in Windows 8, but after each reboot, Windows drops the driver. I read articles about self signing the driver, but I did not succeed.

How do other FireDTV owners deal with this issue in Windows 8?

At this moment, the resume problem seems to have disappeared, the delay did the trick I think, but in general Windows 8.1 with Mediaportal in my setup is very unstable. Probably because of the firewire drivers.

I am considering to install Win7 again. However, I will miss the great Netfilx app in that case.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,
    Frank

fstruijs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 20, 2009
    Breda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for your suggestions.

This week I reinstalled Windows 7. I had numerous problems related to Win8. For example CMOS checksum errors after almost every reboot. I never had these in the past en I don't have them with Win7 reinstalled again. Probably BIOS compatibility issues. Mainboard is almost 6 years old (Asus P5K-VM). I'll try Win8 again after the next upgrade.

Regards,
    Frank

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the update Frank :)

Mainboard is almost 6 years old (Asus P5K-VM).
    Interesting. My motherboard (P5W DH) is also quite old now. People in the team keep telling me to upgrade and that my hardware will be fine. I'm not convinced, and your experience tells me I might be right to just stay with XP...

mm

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I remember a couple of years ago when I tried win7 on an old motherboard. Everything seemed fine until I noticed that resume/wake by USB (remote) didn't work, after completely setting MP up, cos´of driver issues so be aware :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom