Odd Standby issue (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just wake up my PC right now.
    Client freeze at 15H09 (3H09 PM) when it was put in sleep.
    Just a thought though do you have the Client Power Scheduler enabled in MP- Config plugins (as well as in TV Service- Config) I don't, never have done with single seat setup but I presume that had to be recompiled for x64??
    During all this testing I have noticed some strange behaviour on wake, couple of times MP was not running and once was hung! How can I determine if it was a "Client freeze at 15H09 (3H09 PM)"?

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Just a thought though do you have the Client Power Scheduler enabled in MP- Config plugins (as well as in TV Service- Config) I don't, never have done with single seat setup but I presume that had to be recompiled for x64??
    I suppose there are differents problems.
    • One with recordings and no sleep for you (and seems to be not terminated for me even if they are, sleeping OK because PS scheduler force sleep).
    • Another is MP client at wake up.
    To answer what you are asking for, for the moment, I use x86 then, X64 doesn't appear to be the problem.
    During all this testing I have noticed some strange behaviour on wake, couple of times MP was not running and once was hung! How can I determine if it was a "Client freeze at 15H09 (3H09 PM)"?
    Simply look at the time in the skin on the left top of the screen.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Client freeze at 15H09 (3H09 PM) when it was put in sleep ...
    Then, bug is not only because of records....
    I mentioned in my previous post that TV Server and PowerScheduler have been problem free with regard to hibernating and waking. That is true, but there remain problems with MP and possibly TV Server. Several times in the past few months I have had:
    • The system freezes completely while watching live TV or a recording. It was necessary to press and hold the power button on the system unit to force a power-off.
    • The MP client suddenly terminates, but MP is still sufficiently alive to be able to restart itself.
    These problems seem impossible to diagnose because there is no relevant information in the MP log file, the TV Server log file, or the Windows Event log. :(

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just a thought though do you have the Client Power Scheduler enabled in MP- Config plugins (as well as in TV Service- Config) I don't, never have done with single seat setup
    Interesting; I do have PowerScheduler enabled for the client, even though my setup is a single-seat system. I have just had a look at its settings, and it has only two:
    • Ability to specify a command to run when the system power state changes. This makes sense for a client-only system, but does not seem to provide any useful function for a combined client/server system (since PowerScheduler for TV Server provides the same capability).
    • A setting to prevent standby except when on the "Home" panel. I have this setting enabled, but the setting is irrelevant on my system, due to the way that I alter the hibernation timeout to control standby. I don't remember what the default was. If the client PowerScheduler is not enabled, is the default to allow standby on any panel, or only on the "Home" panel? I don't know.
    -- from CyberSimian in the UK

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    • Ability to specify a command to run when the system power state changes. This makes sense for a client-only system, but does not seem to provide any useful function for a combined client/server system (since PowerScheduler for TV Server provides the same capability).
    True but, why breaking nuts to keep it not visible if single-seat ? cosmectic thing, I suppose...
    • A setting to prevent standby except when on the "Home" panel. I have this setting enabled, but the setting is irrelevant on my system, due to the way that I alter the hibernation timeout to control standby. I don't remember what the default was. If the client PowerScheduler is not enabled, is the default to allow standby on any panel, or only on the "Home" panel? I don't know.
    False by default :

C#:
              checkBoxHomeOnly.Checked = Convert.ToBoolean(GetSetting("HomeOnly", "false"));
    Setting true on my system.

By the way, I revert back to MP 1.31, to see the story of client freeze...

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Since I played around with all the settings as per the previous posts and despite putting everything back to how it was, as far as I can tell, now when my HTPC wakes up to make a recording it no longer does so in away mode. I will probably do a restore from a backup in the hope that that will resolve the issue.:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom