OnlineVideos 2.4.0.0 [2024/02/24] (8 Viewers)

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thank you! I can confirm it is not working for me. I hope it would also be possible to switch the subtitles (closed captions) on and off using a remote control.

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I have the subtitles now, but they come with some tags. Is there a way not to show the tags?

Attachments

• 16-20-53.png
      16-20-53.png
      662 KB
    Last edited:

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have the subtitles now, but they come with some tags. Is there a way not to show the tags?
    Have to dive into that... youtube currently only gives me vtt, and the conversion to srt in onlinevidoes isn't 100% foolproof...
    I do see solutions here, I just need some time to implement it

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thank you!!

The only problem I noticed is that the subtitles are left-aligned now, but usually they are center-aligned.
    As I have found on-line: "The subtitle text should be center-aligned in the screen and in the lines, as a reader’s eye travels a shorter distance in order to reach the start of the subtitle."

Is there a way to make them center-aligned? Or move them to the right, closer to the center?

Last edited:

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thank you!!

The only problem I noticed is that the subtitles are left-aligned now, but usually they are center-aligned.
    As I have found on-line: "The subtitle text should be center-aligned in the screen and in the lines, as a reader’s eye travels a shorter distance in order to reach the start of the subtitle."

Is there a way to make them center-aligned? Or move them to the right, closer to the center?
    That I do not know, and it's probably for the player in mediaportal to do... I just pass the subtitle file I get from youtube to the mediaportal player...

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    That I do not know, and it's probably for the player in mediaportal to do... I just pass the subtitle file I get from youtube to the mediaportal player...
    The Youtube adds to each subtitle the 'align:start position:0%' attributes. This attribute is causing MPC-HC engine to align the subtitles to the left.
    I made the test with MPC-HC player 2.2.0 with the same result. SubtitleEdit app also aligns the subtitles to the left.
    Although the VLC player renderes the subtitle box in the middle of the screen with text lines aligned to the left side of the box.
    I'm not sure which method is correct.
    Option would be to remove the 'align:start position:0%' from the subtitles before passing the subtitle to the MP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom