Only usable on latest MP 1.3 beta build? (1 Viewer)

momeijer

Portal Member
February 16, 2011
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,

I wonder if the new Titan skin in MP 1.3 beta can only be used on this specific 1.3 build?

Currently I am bound to MP 1.3 Alpha (build 1.2.100.2262 / EXP-Tuner_hardware_support_cleanup_and_extensions) because of my Turbosight DVB card. As I understand the MP developers are working hard on the EXP-TV3.5-MP1-MP2 branch which also supports my TBS card. To my knowledge the Titan skin is not (yet) included, but I don't want to bother them with all sorts of requests with all the work in progress. In my personal experience I've learned they always deliver. :)

My question is that I would like to know to what extend the Titan skin is interchangeable with other MP 1.3 alpha builds? Can I experiment by just moving skin files between builds or is it much more integrated into MP 1.3 core?

Michael

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    just try it out, some things may work, the settings gui part definitely wont work, but there is a chance parts of basichome/tv/music/plugins will work ok. officially it doesn't work, but you maybe able to mod it to work if you're up for some D.I.Y. so yes you can experiment by trying out the skin with mp 1.3 alpha, but don't expect any support :D

Last edited:

momeijer

Portal Member
    February 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for your reply. I may have found a spectacular easy way to make this work for me. I need to test further and will contact the developer first before publishing any results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom