Out of Band... Signal Locked (1 Viewer)

CarDesinr

August 23, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hey,
First post on the forum. I have spent a couple hours trying to diagnose my problem and have come up unsuccessful so I figure I would try and get some current help. I am trying to scan for channels on my ceton infinitv 6 pcie. The ceton diagnostic utility says I can tune when typing the channel number in. When scanning in the tv server config, I get the out of band... signal locked message. Any help would be very appreciated.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome :)

...so what exactly is the problem?

When scanning in the tv server config, I get the out of band... signal locked message.
    This is normal and expected. If you weren't getting that message it would be a problem. ;)

Have you read either the wiki (manual) or the old setup instructions (which still apply)?
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...2_TV_Servers/7b_Scan_ATSC#Tuner_Configuration
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/cablecard-tuner-support-for-mediaportal-1.112585/

CarDesinr

August 23, 2016
    Home Country
    When scanning in the tv server config, I get the out of band... signal locked message. What causes this and how do I fix it. I have looked through numerous forum post on this and have tried everything I have read nothing has fixed it yet.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    When scanning in the tv server config, I get the out of band... signal locked message. What causes this and how do I fix it.
    As I said in my previous reply: the "out of band... signal locked" message is normal.
    Therefore you don't need to try to fix it.
    Nothing is broken.
    The message simply means that the out of band tuner (ie. the tuner that receives channel lineup information) is locked onto signal. That's a good thing, because it means that TV Server should be receiving channel lineup information from your tuner.

I have looked through numerous forum post on this and have tried everything I have read nothing has fixed it yet.
    I suggest you follow the old setup instructions:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/cablecard-tuner-support-for-mediaportal-1.112585/

If you can't do that, please explain why. Please also provide additional relevant information - for example screenshots and log files.

CarDesinr

August 23, 2016
    Home Country
    Sorry about that didnt see the extra response under the quote. Apologies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom