Area: Media Portal Program
MP Version: R0.2 CVS Build 03-10-2006--22-53
Skin: default
Windows Version: WinXP SP2
CPU Type: Intel Prescott 3GHz
Memory: Legend DDR 400 in Dual Channel
Motherboard Chipset: ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe socket 478, 865 chipset
Video Card: nVideo GeForce 6200
Video Card Driver: Forcware (sorry, can't remember version latest though)
Video Card Resolution: 800x600 (can't read anything over that res on my tv)
Video Render Type: Overlay
Video Codec Type & Version: several tried, please see below
Audio Codec Type & Version: AC-3 Filter, intervideo, nVida Pure,
TV Card: DigiTV PCI
TV Card Type: don't really know, but not relevant to issue
TV Card Driver: BDA 1.0.36
Optional Log: N/A
Optional References: N/A

Synopsis:
for some reason the picture is quite dark in MP rendering the darker scenes unviewable. Watching the same video in other media players such as VLC, WinDVD and Windows Media Player shows much more detail - i.e. you can actually see what is going on. I noted the same problem in MCE.

Does anyone know why this is and have any idea on how this might be resolved? Note, it also seems to be decoder independant - I've tried the nVidia PureDecoder, Intervideo Decoder, Nero Decoder and various other ones available within MP. Again, as mentioned, viewing the video in the other stand alone media players is fine.

I experienced this same issue with MCE - one of the reasons I'm still looking :)

many thanks

mamikel

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

latest CVS and video renderer Overlay does not fit! Overlay supported was kicked for better VMR9 renderer in the latest CVS. So please check if that setting is really correct.

You may have to open mediaportal.xml. Check for vmr9 entries, they should be set to 1:
    <entry name="vmr9">1</entry>

VMR9 settings can be modified by your graphics card settings. Look for Direct3D setting and check colors and brightness.

Flip.

mamikel

Portal Member
    March 2, 2006
    Thnks Flip!

Hey Thanks Flip,

checked the VMR-9 setting - it was set as you suggested - sorry was using VMR-9 not overlay as I had thought.

But then..... I had a look at the picture tuning in the nVidia graphics console and played with the brightness/contrast and other settings et voila!! All happy now :)

kind regards

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom