Pictures MP1 - Thumbnails don't generate for sub-folders (1 Viewer)

Charlie TV

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2014
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi guys

I have an issue with thumbnails on Pictures functionality in MP1. It doesn't seem to generate thumbnails if there are multiple sub-folders.

So my layout
    photos\ASD <- This generates a thumbnail
    photos\DFG <- I'm expecting a thumbnail with various from the folders below it but I just get the red icon
    photos\DFG\ASD <- I get thumbnails
    photos\DFG\BNM <- I get thumbnails
    photos\DFG\HDI <- I get thumbnails

Is this by design or is there a setting somewhere that I've missed? I tried a rescan/thumbnail generation.

Cheers

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I did not find any issue in thumbnail generation. Can you give me a sample file name with full path which picture was not processed by MP?

Charlie TV

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2014
    Home Country
    Hi, I'm wondering if it's a design limitation of the Pictures app.

See attached photo, the Wales folder shows the Red icon and not any thumbnails from the below folders. If I enter the Wales folder you can see thumbnails for the below folders. So it's like the Pictures app just "sees" folders and therefore doesn't search for any pictures to use as a thumbnail.

Path is; \\fatcat\photo\Wales (which holds 15x sub-folders, so no items but folders which contain items)

Cheers

Attachments

• 20150216_111205.jpg
      20150216_111205.jpg
      1.3 MB
    • 20150216_111159.jpg
      20150216_111159.jpg
      798.7 KB

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    So you are talking about from folder thumbs. The folder thumbs are creating from files in the sub folder. If there is no file in the sub folder (only sub folder is in the folder), it won't create folder thumb.

Charlie TV

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2014
    Home Country
    Ah ok thank you, it would be good if it would pick one of the sub-folders and use that; However I've found a workaround in creating a folder.jpg file and putting that into the folder which then works.

I'll use that as a workaround for now

Cheers

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Ah ok thank you, it would be good if it would pick one of the sub-folders and use that; However I've found a workaround in creating a folder.jpg file and putting that into the folder which then works.

I'll use that as a workaround for now

Cheers

Hi,

I am working on a solution to create folder thumbs from sub folders if there is no picture in the parent folder. Do you want to test it? The MP will pick up one pictures from each sub folders.

Charlie TV

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2014
    Home Country
    Hi regeszter,

Sorry for the delay been on holiday. Yep would love to try out the solution, let me know what I need to do.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom