[Plugin] MPSync - MediaPortal multi-seat Synchronization (4 Viewers)

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    Hey m3rcury.

Have now setup mpsync like the wiki entry and your settings a few posts ago.
    Ill have my master server and my client htpc (once more will follow soon :)
    It happend two times that after a sync ill could'nt open MovingPictures Config in Configuration.exe.
    The splash screen will be shown, the progressbar moves and then nothing.
    After closing Configuration.exe, the process is still in the task list (task manager).
    Ill think after it crashes, it will resistent in memory and could'nt close correctly.

Attached are my logs and databases from server and client.
    Maybe you could find out what happend?

As a workaround i just deleted the database from client, and copied it over from the server.
    Now it runs as it should ... hope it will now run longer ;)

Another question: If ill change the view mode in moving pictures to coverflow it will revert itself to the default one.
    Also on the server i have set it to coverflow, but it still reverts.
    Has this something todo with MPSync? Maybe a know issue?

Thank you for your hard work
    pOpY

Attachments

• mpsync.zip
      360.1 KB
    Last edited:

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Hey m3rcury.

Have now setup mpsync like the wiki entry and your settings a few posts ago.
    Ill have my master server and my client htpc (once more will follow soon :)
    It happend two times that after a sync ill could'nt open MovingPictures Config in Configuration.exe.
    The splash screen will be shown, the progressbar moves and then nothing.
    After closing Configuration.exe, the process is still in the task list (task manager).
    Ill think after it crashes, it will resistent in memory and could'nt close correctly.

Attached are my logs and databases from server and client.
    Maybe you could find out what happend?

As a workaround i just deleted the database from client, and copied it over from the server.
    Now it runs as it should ... hope it will now run longer ;)

Another question: If ill change the view mode in moving pictures to coverflow it will revert itself to the default one.
    Also on the server i have set it to coverflow, but it still reverts.
    Has this something todo with MPSync? Maybe a know issue?

Thank you for your hard work
    pOpY

pOpY, logs don't show anything in particular as there are no failures when synchronizing the databases.

As a principle, any changes need to be done on the master as MPSync will replicate any settings done to the server and subsequently to any other client, hence to have a view set as desired, this need to be done on the master. Also, on clients, you do not need to use the configurator for same reason explained above.

More on the view mode setting, you need to be sure that this is set up correctly. Have a look into this thread.

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    Hey m3rcury.

thx for analyzing the log files and databases.
    If the problem returns i will post new data (logs and dbs).

Thx for the hint regarding the view mode of MovingPictures.
    I just have posted it here and dont gave Google our friend a try, because it just started until the use of this plugin.
    Before CoverFlow Viewmode was my default view and it worked.
    I will post in the other thread regarding this issue.

thx
    pOpY

muscles

Portal Member
    July 15, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi just come across this plugin and read all 36 threads lol and i'm still dont get this plugin so my question is " i have a htpc in my front room which is a server \ client is got all me tuners and i watch tv on this pc and the database and thumbs is on this with me so far?, so i have a client pc in the bedroom tv working etc so was going to start importing my shows and films then like i mention i come across this plugin so how does the database work with this plugin because the database will have drive letter like D:\ etc for the hard drives holding media so if this plugin imports all database and thumbs to a central folder and client wont be abled to play the media coz off the drive letters needs to be setup as \\mediaportal\media etc so the only way im thinking is intsall say movingpiictures on the client and point to the media via shared and when done that movingpictures auto gets meta data so that's what i dont get with this plugin nin how to use it?

Last edited:

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Hi just come across this plugin and read all 36 threads lol and i'm still dont get this plugin so my question is " i have a htpc in my front room which is a server \ client is got all me tuners and i watch tv on this pc and the database and thumbs is on this with me so far?, so i have a client pc in the bedroom tv working etc so was going to start importing my shows and films then like i mention i come across this plugin so how does the database work with this plugin because the database will have drive letter like D:\ etc for the hard drives holding media so if this plugin imports all database and thumbs to a central folder and client wont be abled to play the media coz off the drive letters needs to be setup as \\mediaportal\media etc so the only way im thinking is intsall say movingpiictures on the client and point to the media via shared and when done that movingpictures auto gets meta data so that's what i dont get with this plugin nin how to use it?

muscles, I assume you will be sharing the movies on your bedroom htpc from the server. I suggest that on the bedroom client, you map a drive (ideally D: to be same as client/server) to the path of the movies. You need to also map a drive to your database and thumbs folder or else map a drive to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal. You do not need to install MPSync on client/server but just on bedroom client. It should be able to pull updates from the server by choosing the client paths as the respective folders on your bedroom client while the server folders from the mapped drives.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Media portal crashing. Posted logs. Speak out for your plugin. I wonder why your plugin can crash at the start of movie playback in a standard plug?

edit : it's just google translate from Russian. he is not rude.

Last edited by a moderator:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    MP crash :( Log - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mp-crash-on-video-playback.119850/#post-1006213

There's a Russian line, tried to translate them into English using Google translator.

Code:
    [2013-06-25 22:15:33,407] [Error  ] [62	  ] [ERROR] - MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
    [2013-06-25 22:15:33,445] [Log	] [62	  ] [ERROR] - Exception: System.ArgumentException: Аргумент "Length" должен быть больше или равен нулю.
      в Microsoft.VisualBasic.Strings.Mid(String str, Int32 Start, Int32 Length)

Translate:

[2013-06-25 22:15:33,407] [Error] [62] [ERROR] - MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
    [2013-06-25 22:15:33,445] [Log] [62] [ERROR] - Exception: System.ArgumentException: The argument "Length" must be greater than or equal to zero.
    	in Microsoft.VisualBasic.Strings.Mid (String str, Int32 Start, Int32 Length)

Code:
      в System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
      в System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)  Message: Аргумент "Length" должен быть больше или равен нулю.  Site  : System.String Mid(System.String, Int32, Int32)  Source : Microsoft.VisualBasic  Stack Trace:	в Microsoft.VisualBasic.Strings.Mid(String str, Int32 Start, Int32 Length)
      в MPSync.MPSync_process_Thumbs.fileChange(Object source, FileSystemEventArgs e)

Translate:

in System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    	in System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback (UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped * pOVERLAP) Message: Argument "Length" must be greater than or equal to zero. Site: System.String Mid (System.String, Int32, Int32) Source: Microsoft.VisualBasic Stack Trace: at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Strings.Mid (String str, Int32 Start, Int32 Length)
    	in MPSync.MPSync_process_Thumbs.fileChange (Object source, FileSystemEventArgs e)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:

Quek9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 16, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    So in theory, I should be able to deploy my databases to any brand new client on my network? Currently, I have 5 other client pcs that I would like to install MP on but it really is a hassle to have to recreate moving pictures db and mp-tv series db 5 more times. This plugin might be what I have been looking for. I tried manually copying and pasting the database for moving pictures to my client but that failed miserably. I really liked My Movies Database for windows mce approach and I hope that this plugin can give me similar functionality. Please tell me that my hopes aren't too high?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ^^file locations must be identical mostly this means that movie and TV dir are referenced to same unc share and server also uses unc share even though file is local for the server. alternatively can use hdd mapping to a network share .

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    @kiwijunglist thank you very much.
    @m3rcury оnce again, I bring you my apologies. And I'm waiting for advice on how to fix them drop media portal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom