mrbert

Portal Pro
April 16, 2008
Rotterdam
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi Edalex.
Copied the DLL to both the Mepo folder and the plugis/windows folder/
Now I see a stations list ( just tried it by acciden becaus I saw all DLL's there
Tried about 2 different station and everytime I get the pop-up Unable to Play.
With the radio plugin I can play most stations.
I do not expect the codecpac to be the problem. I have Horvat's plugin codec pack installed.

Greets
Bert

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hmm, url is playing fine with vlc from my mobile phone. Looks like plugin is sending good url to MP but it can't play it. Did you try also icecast or custom station to eliminate shoutcast problem? I'll try to make special build with more logging for you.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    @mrbert out of curiosity, what's your music engine settings?
    Is it BASS or what?
    For example, my log look like
    [2016-02-13 13:55:34,359] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - g_Player.PlayAudioStream(http://yp.shoutcast.com/sbin/tunein-station.pls?id=786481)
    [2016-02-13 13:55:34,362] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - BASS: Initializing BASS audio engine...
    [2016-02-13 13:55:34,377] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - BASS: Using default Sound Device
    [2016-02-13 13:55:34,431] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - BASS: InitDirectSoundDevice() failed: BASS_OK
    [2016-02-13 13:55:34,433] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - BASS: Error initializing BASS audio engine BASS_OK
    [2016-02-13 13:55:34,479] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - BASS: ---------------------------------------------
    [2016-02-13 13:55:34,480] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - BASS: Creating BASS audio stream

Yours
    [2016-02-10 19:58:12,626] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - g_Player.PlayAudioStream(http://yp.shoutcast.com/sbin/tunein-station.pls?id=730212)
    [2016-02-10 19:58:12,661] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - AudioPlayerWMP9: Disabling DX9 exclusive mode
    [2016-02-10 19:58:12,666] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: GUI_MSG_SWITCH_FULL_WINDOWED message is obsolete.
    [2016-02-10 19:58:13,425] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Audioplayer:play http://yp.shoutcast.com/sbin/tunein-station.pls?id=730212
    [2016-02-10 19:58:13,857] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - D3D: OnPaint()
    [2016-02-10 19:58:24,397] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Audioplayer: failed to load http://yp.shoutcast.com/sbin/tunein-station.pls?id=730212
    [2016-02-10 19:58:24,397] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - player:ended

So could you try to switch music player engines and check all of them http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/141_Configuration/MediaPortal_Configuration/3_Music

mrbert

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2008
    Rotterdam
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    When I look on Mepo Config tool I See "internal DS show player.
    I could listen with Icecast streams with that player now.
    Today I switch to Bass to try.

With bass player it also plays the Shoutcast.

Nice this is working now:)
    Thanks a lot for the help!:D:D:D

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    I'm so happy you make it ;)
    Congrats!
    This situation means you don't have installed and registered codecs for AAC format in your system.
    I think icecast stream you tried could be mp3 one so that's why it worked.You should see url format from icecast/shoutcast api in the right I believe. Btw in next update I want to add some grouping for icecast/shoutcast streams by name and ability to choose one of available stream type (aac, mp3) and don't have so many "dupes" in list which are in fact the same stations.
    And I hope to see more feature requests ;)

mrbert

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2008
    Rotterdam
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,
    Nice if the number of duplicates gets less. now finding a station is sometime a lot of browsing.
    OK you asked for features:

I know there are more 'genre's 'then the main genre list in shoutcast.
    There is for example lounge and many other that are subgenre's I think I would like also the subgenre's exploded in the list and on aphabetical order and keep the .. on the top row.
    Maybe save some genre filter settings in the options?
    Have the favorites in the left popout menu like this is also the 'My Music'in MePo.
    Try keeping similar behavior / layout as the main program features in the theme?

Filtering for bitrates?

These are my 5 cents..

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Haha, you described all features i temporary disabled during code cleanup - bitrate filtering, favourites :D
    Also there was recording and something else :)
    As for Shoutcast genres it looks like you want plain genres list. I think I implemented main genres and secondary genres from their API http://wiki.shoutcast.com/wiki/SHOUTcast_Radio_Directory_API#Get_Stations_by_Genre
    That's a good thing to think about - overall structure of menus:
    1) Main genres -> secondary genres -> station groups (same name with different bitrate) -> actual stations
    or
    2) Genres ->Station groups -> stations
    or
    3) Station groups -> stations
    or (current icecast view)
    4) Stations list
    or
    5) Genres -> stations
    View 1) is not going to be in icecast since it's api is just the list of 10000 stations with genre, bitrate tag which I will group programaticaly.
    I thought of checkboxes in left hidden menu:
    - group by genres (for 2, 5)
    - group by name (1, 2, 3)
    - group by genre tree (to go with view 1)

mrbert

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2008
    Rotterdam
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Edalex.
    Nice that those options are onlly temp disabled.
    When I used shoutcasst all main ans sub catagories where in one big list. Maybe an Idea to make that switchable with a checkbox all categories in alphabetical order??
    This made it easy to walk throug all to find if there is something insteresting.
    Example. We play quite some lounge music (originally in shoutcast plugin), but initially I could not find it with streamradio because i was not clear in which main category it sits.
    Also browsing stations in Mepo is a bit slow. I found lounge back when I went to the shoutcast site on my PC.
    Maybe a search option could help here if you know ahead what you are searching.

Also make sure that the '..' in the list stays on top.
    Now it appeared at quite random locations in the stations list.

Grouping the same stations under one station would with Icecast be a great start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom