[PlugIn] TVAnytime - full automated recordings manager (1 Viewer)

nu_81

Portal Pro
November 15, 2009
Rheinberg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,
I use Mediaportal now for several years and enjoy to record new movies on Pay TV channels.
I collect these not seen movies and let moving pictures manage my new movies.
For me this is the only method to few good movies on Pay TV, because they repeat the movies very often.
So if you have time to watch a movie, mostly they repeat a movie which you already seen or which you don't want to see, because there are to bad.
In past I spend a lot of time to check the single movies in EPG by look them up manually on IMDB and decide if I want to record them or not.
Now I have implemented a PlugIn which automated this process for me.
I called my PlugIn TVanytime and I want to contribute it for the community, like other did with so many very good PlugIns and ideas.

Description

TVAnytime is a new Mediaportal PlugIn which automatically record new, well rated movies on e.g. Pay TV Channels. The PlugIn is divided in two parts:
1) TVServer
The TVServer part scans the EPG data of selected channels, qualified them and scheduled them automatically to record.
The qualification of the programs runs in this order:

• does the program exceed a minimum durance (to filter out programs between the movies)
  • if the Movie was already recorded, or rejected it will be skipped
  • if the movie is already scheduled (no matter when in future) or the movie is already recorded by hand it will be skipped
  • if the Movie is already existing in MovingPictures it will be skipped.
  • next the PlugIn will check if the movie exceeds a minimum rating on IMDB
  • optional it can be set a minimum year of release
If the movie corresponds all criteria the movie will be scheduled to record. All IMDB Ratings were added to standard program descriptions so you can see the rating directly in the TV Guide. The process will exceed automatically in a adjustable time interval.
2) Mediaportal
In Mediaportal you can manage all programs by a separate section. Here it is possible to manually reject scheduled movies (e.g. if you already seen it, or you are not interested or mark movies to record if they were not qualified (e.g. the plugin didn't find a rating).
At the beginning of using the PlugIn it will schedule much movies. But with the time it will fill the database with your own information, so that there will be only a few new good movies a week (Pay TV Channels repeat there movies very often).
For now there is only support for Titan Skin.
Here are the meaning of the colors:

• red - program is scheduled
  • orange - no IMDB rating or manually set to "manage it later"
  • empty - program was rejected (by PlugIn or by hand)
Installation
TVAnytime.mpe1 for the TVServer
TVAnytimeMP for the Clients
If you don't have an extension installer on the TVServer machine you can copy the TVServerDlls by hand:
- TVAnytime.dll in TVServer Directory in \PlugIns
- TVAnytime.Manager.dll in TVServer Directory

Repository
https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/movies-videos/tvanytime

I implemented only Titan Skin Support for now. If someone want to help, e.g. by creating other skin file, language files, etc. it will be very welcome.
There are already some planned feature extensions (like disk quota) and I'm very curious to get some feedback from here.

Please post here if you have problems by using this PlugIn or if you have ideas to improve the advantages.
I also attach the Source if someone is interested.

Bye!

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for this, You might want to document this plugin in the wiki. You can use your forum login for the wiki, if you have trouble logging then log out + relog in to the main MP homepage (not forum).

MP Client Plugin Pages
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/17_Extensions/3_Plugins

MP TV Server Plugin Pages
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/17_Extensions/3_Plugins/TV-Server_Plugins

The Wiki pages often provide the following information for users

- Download instructions
    - Installation / Setup instructions
    - Useage instructions
    - Screenshots
    - Information for skinners
    - Changelog

Last edited:

nu_81

Portal Pro
    November 15, 2009
    Rheinberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello kiwijunglist,
    my PlugIn has a TVServer and a Mediaportal part.
    Where should I document my PlugIn?

Bye.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I would make a main page under one of them, and a smaller page under the other, the smaller page having a link to the main page. Probably main page under MP and brief page under tvserver, but it's up to you.

nu_81

Portal Pro
    November 15, 2009
    Rheinberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    over 100 Downloads and no issues, problems, questions here?
    I interpret it as a sign that it works stable, so I will change the Version No. to 1.0.

Bye Nu

nu_81

Portal Pro
    November 15, 2009
    Rheinberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    oh, there is an update again?!
    I will install this release on a test machine and will create a new version soon.
    Do you really use this pre- Version on your real system?

nu_81

Portal Pro
    November 15, 2009
    Rheinberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    this was absolutely not a stupid question, because I forgot to publish the old files yesterday evening.
    I want to upload a new version but I found a bug and stop it.
    Now you can download the working files again.
    The new Version which check also Moving Picture Database will get released in the next days.
    Bye Nu

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom