[Plugin] WOL-PowerManager (2 Viewers)

TiboTv

Portal Pro
June 22, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
For those who are interested by the subject, I'm also trying to get a new option on plugin PowerScheduler++ to let the tvserver going to sleep when no needed (so not using tvservice) EVEN if a client is still running. My main goal is to wake up tvserver PC only when needed with WOL-Powermanager (eg : entering in tv windows) and let going to sleep with powerscheduler++ when there's no more tv streams. Look at this thread.

TiboTv

Portal Pro
June 22, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Just made a test with mymusicsongs & mypics and get the same behaviour. On the first time I went into mypics, I get the Wol message, then the waiting message and finally get a "cannot wake up" message and then pictures window appears. On the second try, only wol message, wating message and then nothin, mp don't react anymore.
I did same tests with default skin but it's approximatly the same : wake up message and then blocked on waiting message.
Each time, the server wakes up correctly and dos ping cmd is waorking well. No firewall activated on each side.

Seems that the problem is coming from our plugin ping cmd, no?

Hereby my logs.

nimrodel50

Portal Pro
February 6, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
Recently my Nas server died and MP when the plugin is in place works weird.
As you said it seems that is the ping that get stuck when there is no answer from the server.

TiboTv

Portal Pro
June 22, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Recently my Nas server died and MP when the plugin is in place works weird.
As you said it seems that is the ping that get stuck when there is no answer from the server.
Can you also post log to get more information and help to find if it's the same issue?

seppi2204

Portal Pro
December 8, 2010
Stuttgart
Home Country
Germany Germany
For those, who recognizing issues with ping exception handling i built a version with some improvements trying to nail this issue down. Please give it a try and extract the attached file into %PROGRAM_DIR%/Team Mediaportal/Mediaportal/plugins/. Confirm to overwrite existing DLL

Please give some feedback if this patch has fixed your issues.
Thx

Attachments

• WOLPowerManager.zip
    138.6 KB

TiboTv

Portal Pro
June 22, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
@seppi2204 : This new version works better than the last one.
When entering in pictures view, it display the "wake up" notification, then the "wait" notification and finally display pictures view.
But, is it normal that it restart the process each time I enter in pictures view? I see in logfile the there's an online statut for each server so i guess that a ping each x seconds is make in the baground to check if a wol is necessary when entering into the pictures view. If the plugin is designed in this way, there's still a problem with the ping return in my case.

Hereby my log with titan and our last version.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @seppi2204
    I get the ping error too ->

Code:
    [2013-07-21 10:03:04,049] [Log	] [StartupWorker] [INFO ] - SQLiteClient: Closing database: PictureDatabase.db3
    [2013-07-21 10:03:05,293] [Log	] [39	  ] [INFO ] - Ping can't be executed! It's blocked by a firewall or a network connection isn't available. Error: Während einer Pinganforderung ist eine Ausnahme aufgetreten.
    [2013-07-21 10:03:05,313] [Log	] [39	  ] [DEBUG] - Setting GUI Property: '#WOLPowerManager.Servername0' to 'SERVER-PC'
    [2013-07-21 10:03:05,318] [Log	] [39	  ] [DEBUG] - Setting GUI Property: '#WOLPowerManager.Serverstate0' to 'error'
    [2013-07-21 10:03:05,323] [Log	] [39	  ] [DEBUG] - Setting GUI Property: '#WOLPowerManager.Servername1' to 'MICHAEL-PC'
    [2013-07-21 10:03:05,323] [Log	] [39	  ] [DEBUG] - Setting GUI Property: '#WOLPowerManager.Serverstate1' to 'online'

and i think, that is the reason for not displaying the red dot for "SERVER-PC". It is odd, with "MICHAEL-PC" all is working fine anmd waking up both PC's with "depicus wolcmd" is working fine. There is no difference with the new dll!

Best regards
    Helios

Attachments

• 09-32-42.jpg
      09-32-42.jpg
      424.6 KB
    Last edited:

TiboTv

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium