PowerScheduler plugin 0.1 (wakeup/hibernate) (2 Viewers)

Schmidti

Portal Pro
September 21, 2004
Germany
Does MP-PC wakeup from hibernate
even if the power supply to the PC has a short interuption.
(power shutdown)

I haven`t test it yet.

A

Anonymous

fred said:
@ Rybber,
The earlier versions handled recordings of type Once only.
If a recording was to record a program daily, weekly or every time a certain program is on it just wouldn't wake up. With this version all types are handled.

fred
in the german forum we have spoken about this plugin but we think, that the "only one" recording is working - is this right - or what does we made wrong

http://www.mp-forum.de/modules.php?...topic&t=206&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

Viper

A

Anonymous

@ viper
Sorry, I don't know keine Deutschen.
If you mean that the only type of recording that works for you is "Once" then you are probably using beta2 or beta1. Ever since beta3 all types of recordings should work. However, this feature is not fully tested so there might be some bugs. If you read the Mediaportal.log you should be able to tell which version of PS is running. If PS is configured to write extensive logging you should also be able to get hints of what goes wrong:
No wake-up-time at all is set, the wrong time is set, lost TVGuide, etc, etc...

@ mama
Maybe not obvious but this has been mentioned earlier in this thread (Nov 16th-17th) - also wrote an answer to the thread you pointed out.
In short terms - a bug which is fixed in the next release.

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    fred, please update asap
    we r working to a release and really wanna have the issues with your plugin fixed for the release.

A

Anonymous

Power Scheduler 0.2

MrMario64 said:
    fred, please update asap
    we r working to a release and really wanna have the issues with your plugin fixed for the release.

Funny thing, you were posting this while I was uploading the new version to SF.
    Anyway I've spent most of the day testing and I find it quite stable now.
    Please note that it's now a Process plugin rather than a Window plugin.
    http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1070664&group_id=107397&atid=647927

/Fred

Schmidti

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2004
    Germany
    I realy like this plugin it's a must have pluin for all MP users. Nice work. Fred. :D

I`m using another TV-Card collecting EPG with nxtvepg and LCD-Hype running to support my GLCD. After startup from hibernate I have some problem to get them back to work. For correct funktion I need to close them before going to hibernate and restart them after startup.

So here are my ideas for improvement:
    As setup for plugin in the MP configuration:
    file to execute before hibernate: C:\....\*.bat (could be a batch -file)
    file to execute after hibernate: C:\....\*.bat

AS GUI in MP Skin:
    checkbox to enable falling in hibernate in home menue
    Time to wait for falling in hibernate (enter time: )
    Button to fall in hibernate now.

This is just an idea on my side and would help me. Perhaps this could be made by creating a task in the windows tsk manager. (only for startup)
    I`m not a programmer so I need your help.

Thanks
    Schmidti

Stefan

Portal Member
    February 3, 2005
    Suspend faster after recording wakeup.

First of all, great plugin !
    In fact, I didn't start playing around with MP before I read this worked.

Now I have a question, would it be possible to have two different sleep settings, I would like the system to go back to sleep like 1-2 min. after finishing a recording in the middle of the day when I am at work but I don't want mp to suspend if I don't touch the remote for 2 min. when I a just getting a drink or whatever.

I would be nice if the plugin would understand that the system was awakend for a recording and just suspend as soon as it would be done.
    If I set the timer to 30 min and I have 2 recordings on a day I don't want the system to be on an hour for nothing.
    I'm guessing this one isn't easy and maybe nobody else is interested...no problem ! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom