[confirm] Premier Sport channel issues (1 Viewer)

Ragnarok666

Portal Pro
October 11, 2009
Home Country
England England
So perhaps the sample I checked wasn't long enough to exhibit problems? Either way, without access to the actual signal I can't be sure whether the PES in the original stream is bad or whether something is going wrong in the decryption. Since you're using MDAPI we can't provide any further support.

Well this is bizare, look at the attachments.

Also I set Media portal TV codecs all to MS decoders to try and get the same graph as the preview.

Media portals File reader simple isn't connecting the codecs in media portal, but does it just fine in tv server setup. I manage to get it to connect up the audio connector on 1 occasion, but otherwise it looks like the "Media Poertal Timeshifting.png"

Attachments

• TV server Preview.png
    TV server Preview.png
    9 KB
  • Media Poertal Timeshifting.png
    Media Poertal Timeshifting.png
    4.6 KB
  • Another SD channel working with media portal timshifting.png
    Another SD channel working with media portal timshifting.png
    13.7 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well according to the logs you posted earlier and the sample you uploaded, the codecs that I'd expect to be used when the channel or recordings are viewed in MP are the "MPC - MPA Decoder Filter" for audio and the "CyberLink Video Decoder (PDVD10)" for video... but that is on whatever machine you used for posting the logs. Also, preview uses the codecs with the highest merit in the system, not the codecs you specify in MediaPortal config (since the TV Server might be a standalone TV Server install). It is unclear whether your logs come from a standalone or a client-only install. In short, I'm pretty confused about what the actual problem is now. If you've got different behaviour on a client and server then you need to be more specific...

[Edit: seems like you edited while I was posting. Umm... okay, I'd say post logs for a situation where MP fails to connect codecs, and be clear about whether the logs come from MP installed on a single seat install or a client only install.]

Ragnarok666

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    I changed them to MSDTV codecs for testing. in media portal setup.

I'm on single seat. install, I though it might be helpfull to use the MS codecs while testing, seeing as they are suposed to be very reliable and compatible.

Edit, more graph files. Premier sports Recoding played back thru my videos. switched back to my usual codecs and created one for the recoding working fine via my videos, also attempting time shifting the live channel again.

This is boggling, as Media portall file reader(tswriter.dll i assume) can clearly handle this channel and TS writers output ( which is totally error free and glitch-less so it not an M***I issue), but it doesn't want to link up to the codecs when it comes to timeshiting or playing recordings via My recordings. but if i fiddle with or edit the TS file, it works fine in my recordings too.

Attachments

• premier sports  recording played back through my videos.png
      premier sports recording played back through my videos.png
      13.9 KB
    • premier sports recording played back via my videos with my usual codec set.png
      premier sports recording played back via my videos with my usual codec set.png
      13.5 KB
    • premer sports time shifting with my normal codecs set.png
      premer sports time shifting with my normal codecs set.png
      5.7 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ... And playing through MyVideos is still working when playing through recorded TV isn't? Bizarre. :confused:
    Please post logs when playing from recorded TV and/or when MP fails to connect the client side codecs.

mm

Ragnarok666

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    ... And playing through MyVideos is still working when playing through recorded TV isn't? Bizarre. :confused:
    Please post logs when playing from recorded TV and/or when MP fails to connect the client side codecs.

mm

Will do when I get time, I'll try to make separate logs of all the permutations and keep em separate.

I'm just off out so i'll try that sometime soon hopefully.

Ragnarok666

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    some log files

first one @ 14_39 trying to play a premier sports recording via recorded TV

Second @ 14_45 same recording working via my videos.

Third @ 15_08 attempting to time shift the channel live

Hopefully there is something in there to spot the problem. the graphs are being captured by the log program now too.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Ragnarok666

The logs are helpful. The issue is the RTSP streaming, and this is not the first time I've seen this issue recently. MediaPortal seems to think that the stream doesn't have video sometimes, so it doesn't bother adding a video codec... and that is the problem. RTSP streaming is used for playing recorded TV and live TV, but *not* when you play the recording from MyVideos.

Okay, so my problem with attempting to do something about this problem before now is that I don't have any experience with RTSP and the particular code that is involved. I need logs of a working RTSP situation to compare with the non-working situation to see what goes wrong, and unfortunately I only have one computer (so I don't use RTSP -> no logs available). Is it just me, or do you try to play the recording multiple times in the first set of logs, and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't?

mm

Ragnarok666

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    yea i tried a few times I skipped to the next recoding up the list by accident which always worked. is it possible to disable RSTP?

Edit, RSTP disabled and it works! however remember I said something funny in the ts time code, maybe the pes data, it's not elegant skipping back and forth on the time shift buffer. it literally skips to random parts. other channels work fine.

there is defiantly something non standard with this channel that's toying with RSTP making it stop or not even start it.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again Ragnarok666

Long time, no comment I know. Just thought I'd follow up on this thread for the benefit of people reading in the future. Make sure you check your firewall - if you don't allow MediaPortal and TV Server to use the private (as well as public) ports then you will have problems with RTSP streaming.

mm

Ragnarok666

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks for the follow up.

Still working fine here without RSTP except for trying to skip to somewhere in the timeshift buffer, you never know where it's going!! an premier sport is the only channel that fails with RSTP enabled, that I have found so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom