Problem Loading EPG for BBC RB 1 (6390) Channel using XMLTV sourced from EPG Collector (1 Viewer)

RobAtBentley

Portal Pro
July 31, 2013
Suffolk
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I'm attempting to load what appears to be "good" EPG Collector data into my MP1 using the XMLTV plugin. The load (via TV Server Configuration) works fine for all but a single channel "BBC RB 1" (aka channel 6390). I've opened up my sourced EPG Collector TV Guide.xml file and found entries for this 6390 channel. Only problem is that I just can't see it when viewing my program listings for 6390. i.e. Usual error of "No data".

I've done my mapping in the Mappings tab in TV Server Conf (i.e. Load/Refresh followed by Save) which usually fixes any new channel "No data" issues, but didn't make any difference this time. However, there is an error message post loading which reads "tvguide.xml:invalid XML file: an item with the same key h..." Can't see the rest of the message.

I can provide logs on request but not sure if XMLTV plugin logs are available from "MediaPortal Debug Mode" app.
Please advise.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The MediaPortal watchdog/debug-mode collects TV Server logs when TV Server is installed on the same PC. In other words: yes, use the watchdog with option 3 to collect log files.
    Please also zip and post the tvguide.xml file.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The channel IDs in that XMLTV file are not unique. You've got duplicates of [for example] Challenge (6031), Challenge+1 (6026)...
    So, your XMLTV file is not valid.
    A quick read of your thread on Geekzone suggests that might be due to the way EPG Collector is merging the Freesat and Sky data. To fix this you probably have to manually exclude the common Freesat and Sky channels from either the first or second grab. It wouldn't hurt to tell Steve (SJB) about this either.

RobAtBentley

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2013
    Suffolk
    Home Country
    Thanks. I've updated my EPG Collector post (see link) requesting how I go about excluding the common FreeSat and OpenTV channels. I'll update this post if relevant news from EPG Collector team.[DOUBLEPOST=1412782551][/DOUBLEPOST]Well, I'll be...! Just re-openened up MP1 TV Guide and the "BBC RB 1" EPG is now visible!! ...and so is Challenge and Challenge + 1. Haven't changed anything and no more EPG Collector tasks have been executed or EPG/MP config files updated since raising this post.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    From now on I'm going to respond in the Geekzone thread to make it possible for SJB to give his input without signing up for an account here.

RobAtBentley

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2013
    Suffolk
    Home Country
    I now have a very similar problem but this time it's the ITV HD channel. I raised a post on the EPG Collector forum here and SJB says that I should stick with the combined/same collection config for Freesat & OpenTV collections. So I did, but still getting the XMLTV plug-in import error "tvguide.xml: Invalid XML file: An item with the same key..." but not sure if it's for the ITV HD channel. SJB also says that the "same collection" approach should be okay as it was fixed in EPGC v4.2 with FP2, and I'm now on FP3.
    Having quickly reviewed the posts above, I can't see what was done to "magically" fix this problem. If I need to delete databases (etc) then that's not a problem but my other half is giving me some grief as most of her soaps are on ITV HD. I've attached the latest TVService.log file, the tvguide.xml EPGC output file but if you require more logs then please let me know.
    Thanks

RobAtBentley

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2013
    Suffolk
    Home Country
    Hi, Guess what...! ITV HD EPG has started working since turning on the debug level of logging. Definately wasn't working before setting debug mode earlier this morning, but have attached logs as requested. Something else to try next time this happens. Have set log setting back to it's non-debug mode and restarted TV Service. Will let you know if this problem reoccures. ...and let me know if you require additional logs.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ITV HD EPG has started working since turning on the debug level of logging.
    My pick is that settings that you were using in the XMLTV plugin hadn't been saved, and therefore the import wasn't running with the settings you might have expected. In particular, it could have been running on a completely unexpected file that really was invalid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom