PureAudio+ASIO4ALL but no music (MP3, FLAC, DTS or AC3) from MePo - your advice?? (1 Viewer)

griffindodd

Portal Pro
March 28, 2009
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0
MediaPortal Skin: MP
Windows Version: 7 32bit
CPU Type: COre Duo @ 3200
HDD: 3.5 TB (4 drives)
Memory: 4gig
Motherboard: GA-E7AUM-DS2H
Video Card: Nforce 9400 (onboard)
Video Card Driver: 8.17.12.6063
Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio (onboard)
Sound Card AC3: NVidia HD Audio over HDMI (onboard)
Sound Card Driver: 1.1.19.0
1. TV Card: Hauppage HVR-1255
1. TV Card Type: Hybrid ATSC/QAM
4. TV Card Driver: 1.45.28070.0
MPEG2 Video Codec: Intervideo
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPC - MPA
h.264 Video Codec: Core AVC
Satelite/CableTV Provider: OTA
HTPC Case: Silverstone
Cooling: Air
Power Supply: 500W
Remote: iPad/iPhone
TV: Vizio 42" 120hz 1080p LCD / Optoma 1080p DLP Projector
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI via Harmon Kardon HK-254

I am still really struggling to get MP to play any music files with PureAudio and ASIO.

I have pureaudio installed and ASIO4ALL and have them configured properly. Pureaudio (2.2a) is enabled and set to use ASIO4ALL. In the music tabs I have BASS player selected and ASIO4ALL selected in the ASIO section. I have chosen my Nvidia HDMI audio as my sound output device.

Every time I try and play any music in MePo I get zero sound. I have AC3Filter installed for all of my movie based DTS and AC3 passthru and I even tried AC3File too but still no sound.

I have no problem playing any of my content in FooBar2000 via ASIO over my HDMI connection to my receiver which receives the streams in multichannel PCM format.

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    In the music tabs I have BASS player selected and ASIO4ALL selected in the ASIO section. I have chosen my Nvidia HDMI audio as my sound output device.
    These settings are not used when using the pureaudio plugin. Only the device settings in the plugin configuration are relevant.

Every time I try and play any music in MePo I get zero sound. I have AC3Filter installed for all of my movie based DTS and AC3 passthru and I even tried AC3File too but still no sound.
    AC3Filter is not used either with this plugin.

I have no problem playing any of my content in FooBar2000 via ASIO over my HDMI connection to my receiver which receives the streams in multichannel PCM format.

As pureaudio does not have a dts decoder or encoder, not all fileformats are working. For me to help you further i need the logfiles.

griffindodd

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2009
    Hi Symphy,

As promised here are the log files in seperate posts.

This one attached is for MP3 played with PureAudio plugin configured to use ASIO driver ASIO4ALL 2.1 mapped to my NVidia HDMI out.

Software
    Win 7 32bit
    MP 1.1.0.0
    PureAudio 0.2.2.0 Alpha 4
    ASIO4ALL 2.1

I confirmed that ASIO4ALL was working properly with the HDMI out by playing the files in FooBar2000 configured for ASIO,

griffindodd

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2009
    Here are the logs for DTS in WAV files that I have playing through the same specs as above for ASIO in PureAudio.

As you can see there are no errors reporting but I noticed no information seems to be making it out of the computer to my receiver as the receiver doesn't even acknowledge data coming down the HDMI input which usually reads the khz and the format.

zanlation

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Have you disabled all the ASIO devices in the settings for ASIO4ALL, with exception of the HDMI SPDIF output? Also, make sure that all other output devices are disabled in windows audio device manager.

griffindodd

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2009
    Have you disabled all the ASIO devices in the settings for ASIO4ALL, with exception of the HDMI SPDIF output? Also, make sure that all other output devices are disabled in windows audio device manager.

Yep I just checked that and ensured the Realtek device was disabled in Windows and not highlighted in the ASIO4ALL settings but alas still complete and all consuming silence when playing any kind of track. Everything works fine when I choose Hdmi rather that ASIO4ALL as the output device in PureAudio config but of course that means no ASIO

griffindodd

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2009
    Well it's been a while, I uploaded the logs and no reply so I guess it's time to find another music solution outside of MePo.

I tried Album Player which was not bad but it was a little buggy and I didn't think that it was very well optimized for remote controls.

kuku

Portal Member
    May 7, 2008
    griffindodd, why don't you try using the WMPlayer plugin instead. It works perfectly for me - plays multichannel flac, dts and wav inside MediaPortal. If you are using Windows 7, you may have to tinker with the registry settings a little bit to get it to work properly. Let me know if you need any help with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom