PVR150/500 : TVServer unknown Error (1 Viewer)

Li0nHeart

Portal Member
July 27, 2007
TV-Server Version: 1.0 RC1
MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC1
MediaPortal Skin: standard
Windows Version: XP Pro SP2
1. TV Card: PVR150
1. TV Card Type: Analogue
1. TV Card Driver: 2.0.48.25037
2. TV Card: PVR500
2. TV Card Type: Analogue
2. TV Card Driver: 2.0.48.25037

I'm running this on a dedicated TV-Server, so only TV-Server is installed on this.
I've had this working with 0.2.3 and several later SVN's

When upgrading to RC1 I exported my channels, and reimported them.
On the server I get this error when manually starting time-shifting : Unknown error

Same happens when I start TV on the client.

This is a duplicate of this bug : link . Difference is I am running a supported OS. That topic has been closed btw.

I've deleted all my channels, and tried to scan for channels, but none show up, and status in manual control says the card is still scanning.

My error.log only says this when starting to timeshift with an imported channel:

2008-05-04 08:47:54.968750 [8]: stacktrace: at TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.TvCardAnalog.BuildGraph()
at TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.TvCardAnalog.Tune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)
at TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.AnalogScanning.Scan(IChannel channel, ScanParameters settings)
at TvService.ChannelScanning.Scan(IChannel channel, ScanParameters settings)

My tv.log doesn't contain anything usefull I think.

Logs attached in new post.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Attach logs or this post will be removed, not possible to see anything cause graph building doesn't show up!

Regards
    Roy

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Logs doesn't show any preview or TV start, try to start from a client or manual in TV Server & if from TV server don't close TV setup before logs are collected...

Regards
    Roy

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've had the same problem with a WinTV 150MCE. Now I've bought a WinTV HVR 2200 and I already had a AverTV PVR 150 MCE. The TV-server isn't working with any of the three. I had a Hauppage WinTV 878 also, which wasn't working either (I've sold it yesterday). No matter what version of Windows I install or which drivers I use.

I can't seem to be able to figure out what the problem is. I've used the TV-server from day one without to much problems. Then my HTPC crashed and I didn't use the TV-server for about 3 months. Coming back at the 1.0 RC1 stage....nothing but trouble. To bad. I hope the development team will find the problem soon! I'm missing the PVR functionality a lot. MythTV just isn't as good as the TV-server.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I've had the same problem with a WinTV 150MCE. Now I've bought a WinTV HVR 2200 and I already had a AverTV PVR 150 MCE. The TV-server isn't working with any of the three. I had a Hauppage WinTV 878 also, which wasn't working either (I've sold it yesterday). No matter what version of Windows I install or which drivers I use.

I can't seem to be able to figure out what the problem is. I've used the TV-server from day one without to much problems. Then my HTPC crashed and I didn't use the TV-server for about 3 months. Coming back at the 1.0 RC1 stage....nothing but trouble. To bad. I hope the development team will find the problem soon! I'm missing the PVR functionality a lot. MythTV just isn't as good as the TV-server.

Hmmm,
    So why does my PVR150MCE works fine with TV Server & has for over a year?
    I think statement are just bull, i also have a pvr500MCE & ati550 working just fine, so don't just trow statements like that in when it's not the case!

Regards
    Roy

Unauthorized

Portal Member
    January 11, 2007
    I think statement are just bull, i also have a pvr500MCE & ati550 working just fine, so don't just trow statements like that in when it's not the case!

But it seems to be the case, so the statement could be in right place.

Hmmm,
    So why does my PVR150MCE works fine with TV Server & has for over a year?

Maybe you could find it out as the "Portal Tester"???

This is from the error.log file of the first post of the first thread about this bug (by jonaskp at 2008-04-18, with Vista Business - supported OS):

Code:
    2008-04-18 22:05:20.315312 [21]: Exception   :System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices.AllocateUninitializedObject(RuntimeType objectType)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices.AllocateUninitializedObject(Type objectType)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.ActivationServices.CreateInstance(Type serverType)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.ActivationServices.IsCurrentContextOK(Type serverType, Object[] props, Boolean bNewObj)
       at TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.TvCardAnalog.AddTsFileSink()
       at TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.TvCardAnalog.BuildGraph()
    2008-04-18 22:05:20.315312 [21]: Exception   :Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
    2008-04-18 22:05:20.316288 [21]:   site      :System.MarshalByRefObject AllocateUninitializedObject(System.RuntimeType)
    2008-04-18 22:05:20.316288 [21]:   source    :mscorlib
    2008-04-18 22:05:20.317265 [21]:   stacktrace:   at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices.AllocateUninitializedObject(RuntimeType objectType)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices.AllocateUninitializedObject(Type objectType)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.ActivationServices.CreateInstance(Type serverType)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.ActivationServices.IsCurrentContextOK(Type serverType, Object[] props, Boolean bNewObj)
       at TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.TvCardAnalog.AddTsFileSink()
       at TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.TvCardAnalog.BuildGraph()

I have the same exception in my error.log. Maybe you could find out who messed up the memory allocation since the last pre-RC1 SVN.

Other threads about this bug:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/pre-1-0-rc1-273/unknown-error-occured-when-starting-timeshifting-37507/
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/1-0-rc1-svn-builds-271/unknown-error-occurred-when-starting-live-tv-tv-server-39095/

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Still going on Unauthorized?
    Have you looked @ the date?

Regards
    Roy

Unauthorized

Portal Member
    January 11, 2007
    Please explain that, don't know what you are talking about. The Date? Well, the bug was mentioned at 2008-04-18, the day of RC1 release - and still nobody cares. Or are you surprised that I'm still trying to use MP or help making it better?

Btw: My server is now (perhaps temporarily) on XP32 and this bug does not occur, but you don't want to know that, right?

Edit: I see, the bug is even older (1st of April, pre-RC1 SVN). Interesting that it didn't occur earlier in my setup.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    First of all try latest SVN release( & use the new MPFileWriter.ax added to bottom of release note) then post logs if it still doesn't work.

Btw: Unauthorized, your anger shouldn't be posted around the forum, action will be taken if that doesn't stop asap...

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom