Q: TVE3 = poorer PQ for (HW)analogue card users? (1 Viewer)

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    In tomorrow SVN release there will be a new QualityControl for analog users (thanx MisterD) ;)
    You will find it under "MediaPortal TV Setup" -> "TvServers" -> "<your machine name>" -> "your analog card name" -> Quality control (next to Scanning).

Simone

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    In tomorrow SVN release there will be a new QualityControl for analog users (thanx MisterD)

Does this mean that the issues with choppy video at high bitrates has been resolved?

robby3

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I hope that tweaking the controls help to remove the very annoying stuttering of my HVR-4000 card (currently only using analouge input). I use the latest Vista64 drivers from Hauppauge and getting hick-ups every ca.0.8 sec, voice and audio. The quality is good but I'm afraid that it will decrease with removing the stuttering. Is the default still 8000 with RC01 ?

Sidenote: The stuttering already appears in preview on the server (I did a single seat install on the server and client on the bedroom PC)

robby3

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Bad luck. After installing the SVN and testing the system comes back with a message that the encoder does not support quality control so I cannot change any setting. What does that mean exactly ? I use the current 64-bit version of the HVR-4000 driver but as mentioned previously the quality is still poor with a lot of bucking.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I think this is due to the fact that the HVR400 uses a software encoder for analogue - not hardware encoder.

(chemelli, misterd or diehard2 might correct me or elaborate on this)

robby3

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I think this is due to the fact that the HVR400 uses a software encoder for analogue - not hardware encoder.

(chemelli, misterd or diehard2 might correct me or elaborate on this)

Sounds like your right. It seems that MP in general does have problems with all analouge cards that are using a software encoder. I tried three including a USB stick and none was a succes until today.

@chemelli : you have the same card, but have you ever tried the analouge part with success ?

Thanks
    robby

Pe2RM

Portal Member
    October 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have a Hauppauge PVR350. The specs says it has a hardware encoder/decoder but the new Quality Control says it doesn't support it.
    In past, using the old standalone MP, i could use the Quality Control. So why can't this latest SVN do it?

Anyway, since MP 1.0RC1 its much more stable, great job!:D

WebKnight

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2006
    Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    It works for me (PVR500 MCE) Have you updated your drivers? I'm using the new 4.4 CD driver.

Does anyone know what bitrate the different choises in the quality control is?

Pe2RM

Portal Member
    October 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just checked at the Hauppauge site. l'am already using the latest driver driver for Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Encoder/Decoder, wich is V1.18.21.23257.
    I can change the bitrate, bitratemode and bitratepeak in the Video Properties tab using GraphEdit, and see the effect of it.
    Settings in this Video Properties tab cannot be stored, as earlier noted in this thread. But they can be stored in the Globespan IVac15 registry entries and became active after a reboot.
    Can somebody acknowledge that it should be possible (or not) with a PVR350?

chrik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I also have problems with my Hauppauge, but it is a 150 model also analogue. Does everybody with a anlogue Hauppage tv tuner have problems? Like "robby3" I also get a lot of hick-ups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom