Question to layout? (1 Viewer)

sgatke

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hello

I am a long time user of MPTagThat and find it to be an excellent utility to manage the tagging and renaming of my music collection. However, with the latest versions, I find the intercae a bit confusing. I might be missing the point, but I can't figure out how the new layout is supposed to work.
    My desktop resolution is running at 1920x1080, but even at that setting I feel I am missing something.
    If you look at the attached screenshot, I will try to explain what I am thinking of. I find that I am missing a scrollbar to view all the information (like comments).

Perhaps it is just me not understanding how it is meant to be worked with. I just don't get it :)
    The way I would prefer the information to be displayed would be to move the 'tag section' to the right pane and perhaps the 'non music files' to the bottom pane.

I realize that if you ask 10 people, you will get 10 different opinions on how to do the layout. Is it possible to get a kind of 'walkthru' on how you usually work with MPTagThat?

Thank you for an excelent utility.

Cheers Simon

Attachments

• mptagthat_layout.jpg
      mptagthat_layout.jpg
      548.9 KB

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi Simon,

thanks for your comment.
    Yes, 10 people and 10 different opinions.

I have just too les space on the right side.
    i'm using it exactly like you do.

In 99,9% of all the cases, i stay on the first tab wiith the Main settings.
    I personally don't care about comments, so i have the screen layout exactly as you have.
    On the right side, i see if there is any comments, and i use the "Clear all Comments" ribbon button, to get rid of the comments.

But yes, a scroll bar would be nice.
    I will look into that for one of the next versions.

regards,

Helmut

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom