Reference rasterizer problem (1 Viewer)

migube

Portal Pro
November 9, 2007
The Problem might be related to the limited Memory (32Mb) of the 7500

I got Windows Media Center to work by tweaking the registry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Display Settings

Then Add 2 DWORD KEYS called DisableDxCheck and DisableDx9CapsCheck and set both their values to 1 and media center should start without problems

But it's slow.

Could that be the reason of the error messages?
Is there any tweak that would make it work ?

I will try a fresh XP install & latest beta to confirm it's windows 7 or the beta.

tx

migube

Portal Pro
November 9, 2007
I confirm that the beta works on an n800C 32MB gpu mem on XP SP3, but not on Windows 7 where it complains about directx :(

any ideas?
tx

migube

Portal Pro
November 9, 2007
Correction, Mediaportal Starts in XP, but then does not display any video.
Error logs show DirectX YUV errors.
A previous post again links to lack of Memory :(

The hint was to use an external player.

I will try to use this option with Mplayerc HC.
I can start the movies in Full screen automatically, but need to understand how to get back to MP after closing Mplayerc...

tx

migube

Portal Pro
November 9, 2007
This works well when playing divx with half height size. When playing PAL encoded full res Mkv's, even Mplayerc Hc is now complaining ... at least when MediaPortal is in the background. (even at 800x600 resolution !)
Playing the video in mplayerc directly sitll work.

Can I limit the GPU memory usage from Mediaportal?
tx

migube

Portal Pro
November 9, 2007
I installed Blue3SmallWide & SimpleMP-Beta-4 skins.

Not sure if they are 100% compatible with the beta & Movingpictures, ... plugin, but at least it seems to solve the memory issue, now playing video.
I guess the latest beta includes bigger skin in the standard package compared with previous versions.

tx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom