Releasing MediaPortal 2 Alpha version (1 Viewer)

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi guys and gals!

Finally we managed it to provide an Alpha version of MediaPortal 2.
    Thanks to our fantastic team! Thanks to all who worked so hard to make it possible!

Please take a look at the news on the home page to get more information and the link to the installer.

Enjoy it!

FrankDrebin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I must admit I started giggling like a little girl when a new message appeared on my screen as I was watching TV in MP1. Good job, guys! Will definitely check this out!

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    very nice, played with it a litte and realy like the concept behind it. probably the best thing is, that it starts within 1 or 2 seconds and not half a minute ;D.

one question though. how exactly does the server work? in my understanding, i install it on a pc where my media is stored, and then i can watch/listen to it from another pc. is that right? i installed server + client on my htpc, and then added one of my video folders on the client to shares. on my laptop i just installed the client and attached it to the server and now it shows me all the videos i just added on my htpc, but i cant play them back. is there more i have to do? make them available via windows file sharing?

and why is "Playlists" in all menus? even in the settings? ;P

thanks

rspierenburg

Portal Pro
    June 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    So where is the requirements, it doesn't seem to want to let me install. It says that I need to update to a newer Service Pack. Is there a new service pack than 2? Just found it on the Wiki...Windows 7 only. :(

webs0r

Portal Member
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Cool! Congrats on the milestone :) Some quick questions:
    1. Is Windows server 2008 R2 (64 bit) going to be supported from a server only perspective
    2. Will there be an offline configuration client?

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    First impressions after install:
    • GUI is screaming fast
    • Configurtion very easy and simple
    • starting of playback, starting a movie is faster then i've ever seen
    • After setting up all shares the new media database is a bit slow populating. Maybe I have too many files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom