Reporting a Bug \ Requesting an Enhancement (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
March 27, 2008
The Issue Tracker

We use the Issue Tracker at our Google Code page for tracking both bugs and enhancement requests. If you have either, this is where you should be heading. Before you head over there though, please read through this guide as it will help you become more familiar with our process.

To begin with, to report a bug or a request an enhancement on the Issue Tracker, you need a Google account. It is free and quick to sign up. I'm sorry this is just how it is. If you really don't want to create a Google account, that is okay, you can post here on the forums. But this requires a skinner or someone else to transcribe your request into the Issue Tracker, which means there is a chance it could get overlooked and it is a certainty it will take the developers longer to get to your issue. Skinners decide what to work on based on the Issue Tracker's priority listings.

Submitting Bug Reports

If you have found what you feel like is a legitimate, undocumented bug in Streamed MP , you should create a bug report on the Issue Tracker. You should keep the following points in mind though when creating or deciding to create a new issue:

The Issue Tracker is not technical support. If you have a question about how to use the plug-in or how to get it working with your setup, this probably should be posted in the forum. If MediaPortal crashed, there are error messages in your log file, or something is clearly not working as intended, then you should create a new issue on the Tracker.

The Issue Tracker has a great search function. Please use it before you create a new bug report, as it is very possible you are not the first to experience the problem. If an issue already exists and you feel you have something to add, post in the thread for the issue.

If you want to be kept up to date on an issue, click the star next to the issue on the list. Once you do this you will receive email updates as the status of the issue changes. This also serves as an indicator of the need from the user base for an issue to get fixed. Basically a way to vote for the priority of the issue.

When creating your bug report please explain the issue clearly and if possible include a screenshot of the bug.

Also a bug report won't be accepted if you aren't running the latest Builds of the plugins as they come bundled with the installer.

Making Enhancement Requests

For feature requests, as mentioned above, we also use the Issue Tracker. If you feel like you have a great idea, by all means please create a new Enhancement Issue in the tracker. When making a new issue please use the Enhancement Request Template selectable from the drop-down at the top of the new request page (the default if you click the above link). And when making requests, please keep the following things in mind:
As mentioned before, the search function on the issue tracker is very good. Please use it.

fiskerendk

Portal Member
September 25, 2008
I got permission denied when i tried to make a New Issue.

However in Settings Setup Wizard when you press Next i will come with a error:
Missing or invalid file:C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\StreamedMP\Wizard_general.xml.

spuck

Community Skin Designer
April 6, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I got permission denied when i tried to make a New Issue.

However in Settings Setup Wizard when you press Next i will come with a error:
Missing or invalid file:C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\StreamedMP\Wizard_general.xml.

The wizard is not complete. (only the first screen)

+ You need a google/gmail account to report issues

spuck

Community Skin Designer
April 6, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Also i have this little weird thing. Layout is LIST in Music.
It shows icons beside the folders, and a Stop image in the middle.

My Videos (and also My Pictures) - http://s4.tinypic.com/15xtrq1.jpg
My Music - http://i36.tinypic.com/2lny174.jpg

And then Radio has same background as settings :)
1. That's not a stop image it's a "no thumb"-image. :p

2. Radio should have the same background as my music, you sure about this?
Anyway if u meant in the menu/plugins menu, the settings background is the default background and will be shown if there is no background image available for that plugin.

jof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I have found 2 bugs till now:

-Teletext is broken
    - When I press twice the "i" Button on my remote during Live TV and then go to the EPG Timeline, the view seems broken. (Watching the timeline in the main TV menu is no problem)

edit
    found another bug:

-there is no volumebar at Live TV

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I was trying out this skin just now, fired it up took a quick look and it looks great!
    Then I fired up the editor which doesn't work too great (yet!).

I attached two backtraces. The startup one is shown when I launch the editor.
    The browse one is shown (ignoring the first error) when I select browse for skin folder.

I also do use the aeon wide editor sucessfuly. No errors what so ever and this one looks real similair which makes me think it's a port of the aeon editor.
    This fact also tells me that I probably can't blame it on a faulty dotNet installation or the like.

Didn't feel comfortable throwing this in the bugtracker. It could be so many specifics (to my system)

Attachments

• browse.txt
      30.6 KB
    • startup.txt
      30.6 KB

crazyfool

Portal Pro
    October 8, 2008
    just had a quick look at the skin and it looks great:D... but there are no animations for transitions when scrolling the menu... wasn't sure if this was design decision... if it is maybe i could request it as an enhancement?

normanbates8

Portal Member
    April 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great Job!

Some things:

TV Section :
    -I missed the Zap OSD in Live TV.
    It seems that the background image is missing and the font is very small and hard to read.
    -There is no background in the Main TV Screen but in the TV Guide there is one.
    -There are different fonts in TV Section very small and normal ones.

MyVideo Section:

-There is no Title and Description from the movie only the cover.

and is there a chance on shoutcast plugin support?

Otherwise thank you for this theme.

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
    March 27, 2008
    Great Job!

Some things:

TV Section :
    -I missed the Zap OSD in Live TV.
    It seems that the background image is missing and the font is very small and hard to read.
    -There is no background in the Main TV Screen but in the TV Guide there is one.
    -There are different fonts in TV Section very small and normal ones.

MyVideo Section:

-There is no Title and Description from the movie only the cover.

and is there a chance on shoutcast plugin support?

Otherwise thank you for this theme.

Would you be able to take some screenshots of the tv section issues you are having, thanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom