Resume TV recording from last time doesn't work (2 Viewers)

maarten77

Portal Member
June 6, 2005
Amsterdam
no, i meant the error in the tv server logs (even though this error occurred earlier then my testing with recordings).

1. could the database I use make a difference (MySQL instead of SQL Server)
2. can you read from the logs that I applied the right SVN versions? (the splash screen doesn't tell the SVN version)
3. where can I read in the logs what happens when I stop the recordings? I cannot find the place in the logs that tells what happens if i stop viewing a recording
4. what other things can i do to test further?

Thanks for your replies. I am getting a bit desperate here :) and think of reverting to pre RC 1... where it worked just fine :-(

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    It could be related to SQL type since i only use M$ i'm not able to test that now, but others should be able to confirm.

The error in tv log it's normal on TV Server start.

About version, not sure have to see what my own logs look like with a public svn, i'm only compiling local to get the latest when testing & version numbers are turned off here ;)

Regards
    Roy

maarten77

Portal Member
    June 6, 2005
    Amsterdam
    ok, installed SQL server express. also full uninstall and install of tv server
    unfortunetaley, the problem persists.

i also tried before and after importing recordings.

how can i test further?

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    A bit weird since it works here even with clean database, did you add latest SVN for both MediaPortal(all clients in use) & TV Server?

Regards
    Roy

maarten77

Portal Member
    June 6, 2005
    Amsterdam
    yes I specifically added last SVN on both server and client. you can also see this from the logs:

MediaPortal.log (on client):
    "Main: Assembly creation time: 9-5-2008 17:55:58 (UTC)"
    "TVHome V0.9.1.18808" (is this correct?)

tv.log (on server) :
    "TV service V0.9.2.19069 starting"

all other actions on the database work (importing recordings, adding schedules, deleting recordings, etc).

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    TV Plugin should be same as TV Service: 0.9.2.19069, where 19069 it's SVN number when it was created.

Regards
    Roy

maarten77

Portal Member
    June 6, 2005
    Amsterdam
    but if you look at the date of the application assembly creation time (last friday) it shows that i did apply the correct SVN.

at least this looks like the cause of the problem!

maybe there is a problem with the installer or this specific build? can I manually add the correct TV plugin?

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Creation time it's only for MediaPortal installer not TVClient plugin which is installed with TV Server installer.

Regards
    Roy

maarten77

Portal Member
    June 6, 2005
    Amsterdam
    yup, it's fixed! running the TV server SVN on the client did the job.

now this may seem like a stupid error on my part - and maybe it is - but I think it would help if the description in the weekly SVN package would be made clearer (TV_Server_And_Client_Plugin_weekly_package) instead of TV_server_weekly_plugin because for users with a dedicated server (no client) it is not clear that you need to to apply a server package to update part of the client.

it's not stated in the SVN publication, and also not in the WIKI.

or you could move the plugin alotgether to the client package.

Roy, thanks a lot for helping out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom