Rockstar - the ultimate online music plugin (Spotify&Grooveshark&Rdio) (4 Viewers)

pontusson

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2011
    Hi

Skin property #Rockstar.SelectedTrack.ArtistName seems to be album artist in Spotify, isn't there a way to show track artist instead? I have many songs from various artists album and it won't show correct artist on these songs.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi

Skin property #Rockstar.SelectedTrack.ArtistName seems to be album artist in Spotify, isn't there a way to show track artist instead? I have many songs from various artists album and it won't show correct artist on these songs.
    I can probably fix this, can you give me example of such album?

pontusson

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2011
    Hi

I can probably fix this, can you give me example of such album?

http://open.spotify.com/track/7JjsB5wQztwa0CjU2AK8Uc
    This one shows various artist, should be Motörhead. Seems like same issue with #Play.Current.Artist. thanks alot :)

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi, I had a bit of a problem the other day. I was listening to a track in Rockstar (Spotify) and navigating around but then there was a freeze after the track finished playing. I could hit buttons on the remote and heard the MePo sound as if it was receiving my button presses but it was frozen on Rockstar plugin and I had to Ctrl Alt Delete to end MePo. I zipped up the logs immediately after force quitting MePo.

Also this could be me using the plugin wrong but I added a new playlist on my phone a day or so before this, and when i went into Rockstar, this new playlist wasn't shown in my playlists. I found an option to 'refresh playlists' by using the info button on my remote but this didn't seem to drag in my new playlist. I checked on the phone and the playlist is definitely there?

Thanks!

Looking at the logs, MP was closing exactly at the same time when next track playback was started. Did you close manually MP before the crash occurred?

If refresh does not show your newly added playlist try refreshing again.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Seco,

I left MePo for a good minute or two frozen before force quitting, thats why I killed MePo from the taskmgr, because of the freeze. I haven't had Spotify on recently but will play with it some more and see how it goes.

Regarding the refresh, i did refresh lots - no dice. But I looked a day or two later and it was there. I will make some new playlists on the app and test it again, maybe it is a skin issue not actually triggering a refresh if its working fine for everyone else.. What automatically triggers the playlists to be downloaded fresh? Entering the plugin or starting MePo or..?

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi Seco,
    I left MePo for a good minute or two frozen before force quitting, thats why I killed MePo from the taskmgr, because of the freeze. I haven't had Spotify on recently but will play with it some more and see how it goes.

What I meant is that from the logs it seems that MP was exited just BEFORE the crash and because MP was shutting down the crash occurred.

EDIT: Ok there are some other errors too, but I think everything related to Rockstar should already fixed for next version

Regarding the refresh, i did refresh lots - no dice. But I looked a day or two later and it was there. I will make some new playlists on the app and test it again, maybe it is a skin issue not actually triggering a refresh if its working fine for everyone else.. What automatically triggers the playlists to be downloaded fresh? Entering the plugin or starting MePo or..?

I will look into this a bit more, I'll think I'll be able to make it work better

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Hi. Me again :)

I updated my client machine to 1.6 the other day and reinstalled my main system today. I installed rockstar using the extension installer tool.

If I enter Rockstar, then choose 'Playlists' MePo crashes.. Logs attached. Thanks!

For info.. extension installer says I have version 2.5.1.0 installed.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi. Me again :)

I updated my client machine to 1.6 the other day and reinstalled my main system today. I installed rockstar using the extension installer tool.

If I enter Rockstar, then choose 'Playlists' MePo crashes.. Logs attached. Thanks!

For info.. extension installer says I have version 2.5.1.0 installed.

Does this happen every time? Can't see any obvious in the logs but you have some nasty errors (not related to Rockstar) here and there. I think you should remove all your logs, reproduce & repost logs.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Hmm, just did that and relaunched Rockstar and it was fine? Wonder if its just on the first run for some strange reason?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom