Schedule Direct EPG missing from MP 2. Please help. (1 Viewer)

Shu

September 24, 2023
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Win 7 64bit USA

Downloaded MP2 last night.

There was no plugin for SD (Schedule Direct)

EPG Buddy was no help.

I downloaded SchedulesDirectPluginTVE3 TvdbLib dll's and placed them in the MP plugin directory and restarted my PC.
The plugin was not listed in the MP 2 config.
There are 6 plugins listed in MP2 but none of them allow me to supply my username/password for SD.

I hope you can help.

Thanks.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Win 7 64bit USA

Downloaded MP2 last night.

There was no plugin for SD (Schedule Direct)

EPG Buddy was no help.

I downloaded SchedulesDirectPluginTVE3 TvdbLib dll's and placed them in the MP plugin directory and restarted my PC.
    The plugin was not listed in the MP 2 config.
    There are 6 plugins listed in MP2 but none of them allow me to supply my username/password for SD.

I hope you can help.

Thanks.
    I guess you are using MP2.4.1 with TVE3 as TV Engine. The SchedulesDirectPlugin is incompatible with TVE3 and MP2 as far as I know.
    Your log files in Debug Mode will probably say:
    [TVService] [DEBUG] - Unable to cast object of type 'SchedulesDirect.Plugin.SchedulesDirectPluginTVE3' to type 'TvEngine.ITvServerPlugin'. at TvService.PluginLoader.LoadPlugin(String strFile)

Shu

September 24, 2023
    Home Country
    I have given up on that approach. I now have EPG123 (Schedules Direct) create a xml file and I name it tvguide.xml. The XMLTV plugin reads the file.
    I can now map 9 of my 11 channels but there is no data in the guide.

Any idea why the guide is empty?

I am using MP 2.3.2112.13698

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have given up on that approach. I now have EPG123 (Schedules Direct) create a xml file and I name it tvguide.xml. The XMLTV plugin reads the file.
    I can now map 9 of my 11 channels but there is no data in the guide.

Any idea why the guide is empty?

I am using MP 2.3.2112.13698
    That's pure guessing. You would need to explain step by step what you did and also attach your log files in debug level. If the explanation is complex, also screenshots can help to identify potential issues.
    Did you check the WIKI and followed the steps?

Before you create this bug report:
    1. Make sure that your system (windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the Requirements.
    2. Have a look at our MediaPortal Wiki! Maybe the solution is already there.
    3. Have a look at our Jira (Bug and Issue Tracker) and the threads in this section, maybe your problem is already known.
    4. Search the forums for your problem (best do an internet search), it's very likely that someone else already encountered the same problem.
    Always include log files (DEBUG level) with your Bug Report! Check out our Wiki: Bug Reports and Log Files

Please report only one bug per thread. If you encounter multiple and independent issues, we would appreciate if you reported them separately in dedicated threads. This will make the follow-up easier for the team.

Shu

September 24, 2023
    Home Country
    Will there soon be support for Schedules Direct EPG? NextPVR and others support it.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Will there soon be support for Schedules Direct EPG? NextPVR and others support it.
    For "soon" I can answer both with 100% no. The by MP2 supported TV Engines are TVE3 (common with MP1), TVE3.5 and TVMosaic, we have not development resources to support another engine.

cerickso88@gmail

September 20, 2021
    Home Country
    My experience with MP1 and MP2 has been terrible. Every time its a science project. Nothing just works.
    In MP1, I cannot get past the MYSQL login.
    In MP2 I cannot get program listings. No schedules Direct plugin and no real guides for how to do it in the U.S.
    I'm giving up. Its a shame because MP2 looks great.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    EPG for US seems indead not so easy. I'm not using TV in MP2 myself and also can not reproduce the issues in Europe.
    MP1 and MP2 habe TVE3 as default TV engine, but MP2 also offers TVE3.5 and TVMosaic as Alterantives. Last one is quite easy to configure.
    Details can be found here: MP2 - V2.5 - TVMosaic Provider for MP2

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    In MP1, I cannot get past the MYSQL login.
    Sadly, there is a problem with the recently-released MP 1.32. My production MP1 system (based on MP 1.31) works fine, but I recently tried doing a first-time install of MP 1.32 and I could not get the installation to complete. If you tried MP 1.32, I would suggest uninstalling all traces of it (and similarly all traces of MySQL), and then try installing MP 1.31.

It is not obvious what you mean by the "MySQL login". As far as I remember, it is not necessary to login to MySQL. The only login setting that it is beneficial to use is the Windows setting that disables the requirement to login on wake from sleep or wake from hibernation.

The EPG can be difficult for US and Canadian users. There is a Schedules Direct plugin for MP1, but there may be a problem with it:
    • You need to select the XML form of the data on the Schedules Direct website. By default, I think Schedules Direct supply the JSON form, which the plugin cannot use.
    • You need to use the right version of the plugin. It can be downloaded from a thread on this website, but the version that you can download from the plugin repository may be an older version.
    • I have a vague recollection that Schedules Direct changed their login procedure a few months ago. If my recollection is correct, the plugin may not work any more; you will need to try it and see if it works for you.
    If the Schedules Direct plugin no longer works, you would need to use a program to download the Schedules Direct EPG in the form of an XML file, and then use the XmlTv plugin to import the EPG into the MP1 TV Server.

MP1 has a Wiki that contains information about setting up the product, but the information about TV Server and the EPG is somewhat hidden. Start with this page to find the TV Server info.

Nothing just works.
    My view is that we all waste far too much of our lives trying to get software to work. And if you had paid for an MP licence, you would be entitled to expect that everything "just works" straight out of the box. But open source freeware applications are not like that. The people who have contributed to MP currently and in the past do so without expecting any payment for the time that they spend developing MP. So reliability and support will be more erratic than is desirable. But that is the way things are.

If you want a more predictable experience, you should probably be using a commercial media-center product, such as J-River, which (I think) has an annual fee.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Sorry, this is all I can add.

I'm currently using MP 1.32 x64 Pre with Schedules Direct. My TVServer version is 1.31.10. I'm using the legacy SD-DD (XML) from Schedules Direct. My SD plugin version is 1.30.1

I'm hesitant to update fully to 1.32 x64 final

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom