Scheduler finds duplicates when there are none (1 Viewer)

mores369

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 4, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I recently installed MP 1.7 hotfix, and had to sort through a bunch of problems to get a cablecard working. All that is sorted out, and everything is working wonderfully, except the scheduler is not recording Jeopardy! because it recorded Jeopardy! a few days ago and thinks it is a duplicate recording. The problem is that the checkbox under TV-Server-Config / Recording "Check episode..to prevent duplicates" is unchecked. I've tried checking/unchecking the box, restarting my server, and it doesn't make a difference. I've tried all the settings I can think of, but it keeps happening. Any advice??

Check out the error log - Jeopardy! is suppose to record at 16:30, on 2014-06-02. I'm not totally techno savy, but I don't see anything obvious. It was working perfectly before I upgraded.

Attachments

• SetupTv schedule error.zip
      1.2 MB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

Your log files are full of this:
    [2014-06-02 19:33:17,543] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [INFO ] - scheduler: SchedulerWorker inner exception System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at TvDatabase.Schedule.GetProgramsForSchedule(Schedule schedule)
    at TvDatabase.Schedule.ResetProgramStates(Int32 idSchedule)
    at TvDatabase.Schedule.Delete()
    at TvService.Scheduler.CheckAndDeleteOrphanedOnceSchedules()
    at TvService.Scheduler.DoScheduleWork()
    at TvService.Scheduler.SchedulerWorker()

I'm not 100% sure what this means or why it is happening, but a quick glance at the code suggests the channel that the schedule is associated with may no longer exist (did you rescan your channels for some reason?).

My advice would be to delete and recreate all your schedules.

mm

Hankenstein

September 6, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I think I know what your problem is. I switched from Media Center to Media Portal specifically because I wanted to record Jeopardy. Jeopardy uses a broadcast flag to prevent recording of their prime time first run episodes. Media Center used to record Jeopardy until I install MS Silver-light. Silver-light installed the DRM into the kernel that checks for the broadcast flag. Once installed, it can not be uninstalled.

My Media Portal also recorded jeopardy for a while and just now stopped. It still records the reruns, but not the new ones. I can watch the live and pause and buffer. But I can not record it anymore.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadcast_flag

This is a case of corporations getting together making greedy decisions and then forcing them upon everyone.

I think it's time to switch to Linux.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome :)

Jeopardy uses a broadcast flag to prevent recording of their prime time first run episodes.
    Really? That would be the first I've ever heard of anything like that.

Media Center used to record Jeopardy until I install MS Silver-light. Silver-light installed the DRM into the kernel that checks for the broadcast flag. Once installed, it can not be uninstalled.
    For what its worth, AFAIK there's no DRM support in MediaPortal.
    MediaPortal is open source software. Getting certified DRM support is pretty much impossible for us because anybody who wanted to could simply modify our source code to circumvent the restrictions.

My Media Portal also recorded jeopardy for a while and just now stopped. It still records the reruns, but not the new ones. I can watch the live and pause and buffer. But I can not record it anymore.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadcast_flag
    This is a case of corporations getting together making greedy decisions and then forcing them upon everyone.
    I think it's time to switch to Linux.
    Well, we certainly haven't implemented anything like that. With MediaPortal TV: if you can watch it then you can also record it. Period.

Regards,
    mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom