Semi-colon for multi-part movies not recognized in latest version? (1 Viewer)

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
I also have problem with mulitparts...
It's right that mediaportal automagiclly detects cd1->cd2 files but I also have txt files in that folder (subtitles) and MyFilms detects them as 3rd and 4th part of film:/ It crashes when its trying to play txt files:/
Semicolons ";" in source of at files aren't working either...
How to fix it??
Can you try with the dll joined (to be copied in C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows)

bwg

Portal Pro
December 25, 2007
Home Country
When avi file and txt file has the same name (not extension of course) vobsub displays subtitle during a film...
How different I can display subs automagically??

Let me clarify; are you saying that you are adding the subtitles file to the same field as the video file in your AMC catalog? If you are, you don't need to. MP will play the subtitles file automatically if it is in the same folder and is named the same as your video file. You do not need to put the subtitles file in your AMC Catalog. :)

EDIT: I am not sure what you mean by "MyFilms detects them" - at what point does MyFilms detect files? I thought it just read your xml file? :confused:

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
When avi file and txt file has the same name (not extension of course) vobsub displays subtitle during a film...
How different I can display subs automagically??

Let me clarify; are you saying that you are adding the subtitles file to the same field as the video file in your AMC catalog? If you are, you don't need to. MP will play the subtitles file automatically if it is in the same folder and is named the same as your video file. You do not need to put the subtitles file in your AMC Catalog. :)

EDIT: I am not sure what you mean by "MyFilms detects them" - at what point does MyFilms detect files? I thought it just read your xml file? :confused:
There are many way to give the filename information in the xml file :
  • put all filenames separated by a semicolumn : as the plugin doesn't know if all parts have been given, it search for other parts (same filename with cdx in the name)
  • put only the first part => of course must search if there are other parts
  • put nothing at all => search by Movie Title (if validated in setup) all parts of the movie.
It's why 'MyFilms detects them' when you launch a movie.

bwg

Portal Pro
December 25, 2007
Home Country
There are many way to give the filename information in the xml file :
  • put all filenames separated by a semicolumn : as the plugin doesn't know if all parts have been given, it search for other parts (same filename with cdx in the name)
  • put only the first part => of course must search if there are other parts
  • put nothing at all => search by Movie Title (if validated in setup) all parts of the movie.
It's why 'MyFilms detects them' when you launch a movie.
What I don't understand is why you would need to specify a subtitle file in your xml? MP will automatically detect it if it is named the same as the video file. So you should only need to specify the video file in the xml.

piernik

Portal Pro
October 22, 2008
zebons: new dll works - thanks very much.

bwg: I have avi and txt files in windows folder. In ant I have only first cd avi file or both cd avi files separated with ; - both ways didn't work

btw :) is there a way to make watched status working? In default mediaportal video player wathed movies are marked with blue color (text) and rest is white. In MyFilms all are in blue - even new films in ant library.

bwg

Portal Pro
December 25, 2007
Home Country
ohhhh.. ok, now I see what you mean. I have not noticed on earlier versions of MyFilms. Now when I press "play" on a movie that also has subtitles files with the same filename, MyFilms sees ALL the files.

Just tried the updated dll, all is good. Thanks, and sorry for the misunderstanding.

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
zebons: new dll works - thanks very much.

bwg: I have avi and txt files in windows folder. In ant I have only first cd avi file or both cd avi files separated with ; - both ways didn't work

btw :) is there a way to make watched status working? In default mediaportal video player wathed movies are marked with blue color (text) and rest is white. In MyFilms all are in blue - even new films in ant library.

The watched status work with the checked field of your database. Watched movies are in blue and unwatched in white text color (Blue3). If all your entries are blue, it's surely because all your entries are already checked.
Try to uncheck one entry and take a look within MP.

When you add a new entry with ANT scripts or with AMCUpdater, be carefull to not check that field.

You also can define your own field to identify ended watched status in the optional2 tab setup 'Database suppress option'.
Define your own choice and enable the option 'use it when player finished'.

piernik

Portal Pro
October 22, 2008
Thanks one more time - working ;) Great plugin only one thing :) There could bo view from hard drive too (not just ant library). I didn't have to switch sometimes to my video from MP ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom