Settings configuration inside MP (2 Viewers)

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Hello world, as you probably saw in team blogs, we start to put settings inside MP to kill one of the most missing feature of MP.

As I took all that project into my hand free of charge :) I need some help from the community about what common settings you need inside MP (ones you constantly change or often need). Idea is to create Normal settings (which will contain commonly needed and non-dangerous settings) and advance settings with all those little things which makes MP so different from other MediaCenters but today for them you need to kill MP and use your lovely HTPC as normal PC. Also do you want some kind protection on settings so your kiddo will not mess with them :).

Team is very helpful in this but last word came from community so your opinion and suggestions are most valuable so please shoot your comments and I will follow your words.

Before you start with TV ideas I need to say that TV part is not yet in this project but that is in plan to do, so just write about normal Mp settings here.

To show you that this is not just empty talking I'm providing some screenshots from working project. For now all settings are put on the screen in a way as they are in Windows part (more or less :) ), later they will be better sorted or screens will look different. Right now I just need working settings and as I need to simultaneously write a code and create skin counterpart all is done pretty wild :).

Actual screens can be different from those below according to changes between versions.

* Many thx to Catavolt for his precious skin support.

Minor bug fix and added PIN protection (only for GUI part)

Installer link: http://s282962534.online.de/MediaPo...branch) for TESTING ONLY_2012-01-25-11-33.exe

Attachments

• 01.jpg
      01.jpg
      54.1 KB
    • 02.jpg
      02.jpg
      64.5 KB
    • 03.jpg
      03.jpg
      94.5 KB
    • 04.jpg
      04.jpg
      88 KB
    • 05.jpg
      05.jpg
      51.3 KB
    • 06.jpg
      06.jpg
      63.7 KB
    • 07.jpg
      07.jpg
      107 KB
    • 08.jpg
      08.jpg
      59.5 KB
    • 09.jpg
      09.jpg
      84.6 KB
    • 10.jpg
      10.jpg
      55.6 KB
    • 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      58.5 KB
    • 12.jpg
      12.jpg
      83.6 KB
    • 13.jpg
      13.jpg
      103.9 KB
    • 14.jpg
      14.jpg
      74 KB
    • 15.jpg
      15.jpg
      79.4 KB
    • 17.jpg
      17.jpg
      67.4 KB
    • 18.jpg
      18.jpg
      63.1 KB
    • 19.jpg
      19.jpg
      57.1 KB
    • 20.jpg
      20.jpg
      58.8 KB
    • 21.jpg
      21.jpg
      74.1 KB
    • 22.jpg
      22.jpg
      98.8 KB
    • 23.jpg
      23.jpg
      59.5 KB
    • 24.jpg
      24.jpg
      59.5 KB
    • 25.jpg
      25.jpg
      62.3 KB
    • 26.jpg
      26.jpg
      59.7 KB
    • 27.jpg
      27.jpg
      85.4 KB
    • 28.jpg
      28.jpg
      80.3 KB
    • 29.jpg
      29.jpg
      73.7 KB
    • 30.jpg
      30.jpg
      108.1 KB
    • 16.jpg
      16.jpg
      52.2 KB
    • 31.jpg
      31.jpg
      58.5 KB
    • 32.jpg
      32.jpg
      52.6 KB
    • 33.jpg
      33.jpg
      110.4 KB
    • 34.jpg
      34.jpg
      74 KB
    • 35.jpg
      35.jpg
      60.1 KB
    • 37.jpg
      37.jpg
      56 KB
    • 38.jpg
      38.jpg
      60.8 KB
    Last edited by a moderator:

mpsam

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2009
    The first ones that come to mind are the watched folders. Enabling and disabling subtitles (forced) would be useful too. The most important one would be the ability to manually approve movies, videos etc, that had not met the auto approval criteria.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    (...)The most important one would be the ability to manually approve movies, videos etc, that had not met the auto approval criteria.

Good one! Although I guess 90 % uses Moving Pictures over My Videos. This would be great for MP TV-Series as well.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I think he means that for Moving Pictures. Sorry folks, no community plugins settings there. It's MP settings only. For external plugins you should ask that on plugin part of the forum.

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    I think all now playing tub (screenshot) need to be inclode ... Thanks for your work ... :D

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The option to change the Defult Zoom mode for videos would be nice, I dont see a need to have the ability to choose which are available but just the Defult one.

Everything else I would want is already there :)

1 question on the Videos watched folders

How do you have it setup up when browsing, can use only remote or do I have to use a mouse?
    Wondering how you could go into a folder structure and choose a folder without it just opening that folder and going until the folder structure ends.

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Settings configuration inside MP

I think what would be good for the skinning part would be if you could implement spmething like tabs to get some kind of feedback where you are since there are menu and submenus. Do you know what I mean?

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    The option to change the Defult Zoom mode for videos would be nice, I dont see a need to have the ability to choose which are available but just the Defult one.

Everything else I would want is already there :)

1 question on the Videos watched folders

How do you have it setup up when browsing, can use only remote or do I have to use a mouse?
    Wondering how you could go into a folder structure and choose a folder without it just opening that folder and going until the folder structure ends.

All is done so it can be used by remote, Especially we work on browsing folder to be as much user friendly as can be so just imagine a menu with drives/folders list and select button. You browse folder up-down or click to go deeper or back/click on ".." to go back then when you find it just select it and go to select button (just press left and OK) and that's all

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

is this feature comming as a plugin? Or wil it be added to version 1.3.0 or something.. I like to try this stuff! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom