Not open for further replies.

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    xml epgs don't sort the Sky channels in the brilliant way that DJBlu's plugin does
    Why would you even want Sky's EPG ordering? It's rather random due to the peppered way the slots were bought and sold, plus the main channels don't get HD prominence.

I don't bother with the channel numbering (I just sort all channels alphabetically in each group), but I DO use the grouping. Once upon a time I used to spend AGES sorting channels into the right categories!

I'll happily stay on the latest working version with the plugin - Mediaportal would not be accepted by the wife in this house without proper series link capability. XML EPG won't perform proper series link - I know, I've been there!

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Eh, Series Link always screwed up for me. It worked initially but later on I started seeing everything on a particular channel listed in the Scheduled Recordings page. It also looks dodgy in the Schedule tab of MP TV Config where the fields aren't matched up properly. "Record every time on this channel" combined with "prevent duplicate recordings" works better IMO...but then the Sky EPG doesn't contain episode info!

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    Never had any problems with Series Link - works a charm here..

Record every time on this channel only records if the programme name is the same every time. If it changes (because of a special episode or something) then it will not get recorded. DJBlu's plugin doesn't care what the name of the program is, as it uses the embedded series link info from the broadcaster AFAIK... It also knows when a series has ended.

Each to their own I guess, but for me (and more importantly SWMBO) it's either Mediaportal + DJBlu plugin, or original Sky Box (bleughh!!)

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    You don't get start times, end times, etc. put in the wrong place in TV Server Config's Schedules tab?

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    OK now we're getting somewhere. When running the installer script I only get one error now (and 2 warnings):

Code:
    "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Microsoft.Common.targets(2105,9): error MSB6004: The specified task executable location "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\\Bin\AL.exe" is invalid. [D:\Adam\MediaPortal Source\MediaPortal-1\Tools\MediaPortal.DeployTool\MediaPortal.DeployTool.csproj]

I have no idea where the path C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\\Bin\AL.exe is coming from - I can't see it in the NSI script file and it's not in the list of environment variables.
    Should I make my own thread in this forum for assistance with this? Not sure where to go next.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

If I have time I'll try and have a look later, I have two MePo build environments (both utilising W7 x64 not W8 - but that should not matter) and remember having fun setting them up.

J.

ps - Yes, create a new thread :)

Last edited:

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    You don't get start times, end times, etc. put in the wrong place in TV Server Config's Schedules tab?

I never look at the tab? I have Mediaportal running in Windows 8 using Kiosk mode, so very rarely ever exit it..

I checked scheduled recordings from Mediaportal and it's all hunky dory!

Last edited:

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country

I never look at the tab? I have Mediaportal running in Windows 8 using Kiosk mode, so very rarely ever exit it..

I checked scheduled recordings from Mediaportal and it's all hunky dory!
    OK well the other thing that always goes weird for me is the Scheduled Recordings list. Sometimes I get random stuff on the list that shouldn't be there, other times there's stuff in there that has no Record icon next to it, but it still records. This is especially confusing when looking at the EPG since there's no sign some programmes are scheduled to record but they are.

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    Yeah, recording icon doesn't always show on the EPG..

Make sure under scheduled recordings you have series on or off on the left hand side (can't remember which is default), but that changes the list..

bongobarry

Portal Member
    April 18, 2012
    Home Country
    xml epgs don't sort the Sky channels in the brilliant way that DJBlu's plugin does
    Why would you even want Sky's EPG ordering? It's rather random due to the peppered way the slots were bought and sold, plus the main channels don't get HD prominence.

Are you kidding? The Official SKY groupings are so much easier to use, not random at all.[DOUBLEPOST=1371844374][/DOUBLEPOST]I'd happily pay DJblu £20 for his Sky EPG plugin

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom