[solved] Problem with Cinemassacre (1 Viewer)

Zepman

Portal Member
July 28, 2010
When I try to view movies from Cinemassacre with OnlineVideos 0.24 in MP 1.1 final, the movie briefly starts and then pauses immediately. Sometimes MediaPortal simply 'hangs' after this and needs to be killed. No error gets written to any log. The log simply states that after MediaPortal is killed, the stream is stopped.

I also can't get the same stream to work in Windows Media Player 12 (Windows 7) either. WMP pauses immediately after opening and when 'play' is used, it only plays a very small part before pausing again. I also tried Media Player Classic. It plays the stream fine, even when all internal source and transform filters are disabled. MPC states for a long time that it's buffering at 0% before it goes to 1% (even while the movie is playing), which makes me believe that there is something wrong with some HTTP metadata the webserver is sending. Microsoft's HTTP filter doesn't like this, while the one in Media Player Classic just ignores it.

This is an example of a stream which has these problems (comes from Cinemassacre in OnlineVideos):
http://play.giantrealm.com/video/0ab488464978ceba6c0f0bd8b14e804089d308ca/video.xml?_t=1258705021&quality=lowquality

Am I the only one with this problem? Does anybody know a fix or workaround for this?

Celeblin

March 7, 2010
Re: Problem with Cinemassacre

I can play the cinemassacre videos fine with MP 1.1 and OV 0.24. I'm using the FLVSplitter codec that comes with OV, but this morning I used the SAF FLVSplitter codec and also it was playing with no problems.

Even now I'm watching the AVGN Cheetahmen video xDD

Hope you find a fix

Zepman

Portal Member
July 28, 2010
Re: Problem with Cinemassacre

Found the problem. Some GraphEdit debugging tells me that the default used MONOGRAM AAC Decoder can't handle the stream and causes the strange pauses. When I replace it with ffdshow audio decoder, everything works perfect.

Zepman

Portal Member
July 28, 2010
Open MediaPortal Configuration, go to Codecs and Renderer and choose the tab Video Codecs (should be the default tab). If AAC Decoder is set to "MONOGRAM AAC Decoder", click on it and pick another option. You should be able to use "MPC - MPA Decoder Filter" and that should fix the problem. If not, download and install ffdshow, re-open MediaPortal Configuration and choose "ffdshow Audio Decoder" as your AAC Audio Decoder.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That's not quite solving it.
    Besides, when Mediaportal hangs, i do see the ffdshow audio icon in the systemtray (despite having configured monogram as aac decoder), so i don't think it's related to the monogram decoder.

player="Internal" has a lot more effect!

sharkbait

Portal Member
    July 4, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have ffdshow installed and use it for allmost all my audio, but I can´t select it as AAC decoder. monogram is the only one in the list.

this is weird.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom