South African - Users (1 Viewer)

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    thanks. i went for the compro e600 which is analog but is 1080i compatible which the pvr150 isnt, both same price.
    thanks for the help

I think you made an mistake, it is only 480i/576i compatible like all the compro analog cards..... I dont know if you already have your card, but I also found that the compro cards picture qaulity is not as good as the hauppauge cards. I'm presently running Compro E800 and I had to tweak the qaulity using my graphics-card far more than when I was running the Hauppauge PVR500....

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Current best bet for our EPG is as stated in post number 2. You can write a script to auto download if you are alway conected. I wrote one a while back. Not using right now, but I should be able to find it if you are interested.

It is nice to read card feedback like Geov just gave. I hope we get your feedback on the E600 as well?

boozelclark

Portal Pro
    March 26, 2007
    Johannesburg/Cape Town
    Home Country
    Geov.
    My compro e600 works perfectly when i run mediaportal on an lcd computer monitor but when i run it on my crt tv the tv footage is jumpy. i'm assuming this is to do with interlacing. how did you tweak your e800 to get it to work. thanks.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Export of my current channels attached. Using cvbs2 (RCA cables) as source. You might want to scan/replace if your setup is different. Should be the following text that needs replacing depending on your setup:
    VideoSource="2"

There might be a few missing, but it will be the unimportant ones :)

Attachments

• export.xml
      30.6 KB

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    Geov.
    My compro e600 works perfectly when i run mediaportal on an lcd computer monitor but when i run it on my crt tv the tv footage is jumpy. i'm assuming this is to do with interlacing. how did you tweak your e800 to get it to work. thanks.

I cant help you with the jumpy problem....sorry I use a Plasma-TV not a CRT. As far as tweaking the e800, well there are two steps to this:

1) Make sure that ou have the qaulity settings in the TV-Server set to its maximum...
    2) I use my ATI-card to improve the output, like removing noise, improving the sharpness etc. This is where I found that the Hauppauge looked good with only a few tweaks on my ATI-card.....but with the e800 I had to spend a lot of time tweaking before I got a good picture.

Sorry that I cant be of more help....but I still believe you would have had better quality with the PVR150 :sorry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom