Startup time for Mediaportal (1 Viewer)

Tobster77

Portal Member
October 30, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

I use Mediaportal 1.5 on my average four-year-old PC (2 GHz, 2 GB RAM, Win8.1). Using the Avalon Skin, MySeries, MyMovies and WorldWeatherLite:

Is a startup time of 25-30 seconds normal and expected? Or should I start to look for problems during startup?

Thanks,
Tobias

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think this is quite a normal time especially because of tv series and moving pictures (I guess that's what you meant, right?).
    You could try to disable these plugins to see how much time is needed only for these two.
    But overall I think that's ok.

Tobster77

Portal Member
    October 30, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmm... would you be so kind to check my log file if everything looks good? Don't bother for things related to the Clickfinder Guide Installation - I currently try to get this running. But is the rest okay? Thanks!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I think your video database could be corrupt - that could be the biggest problem.
    Also, your version of Avalon seems to be using togglebutton controls. I suggest to update.

Tobster77

Portal Member
    October 30, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

thanks for the quick response! I try to figure out your comment: Where do I find these points in the logfile? All stuff related to "VideoDatabaseV5.db3" seems to look good, right...? Is the the databse you refer to?

I will check for updates for Avalon, but I just installed the system two weeks ago, expecting the Plugin Installer would choose the most recent versions... I will clarify tonight!

Thanks!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Where do I find these points in the logfile? All stuff related to "VideoDatabaseV5.db3" seems to look good, right...? Is the the databse you refer to?
    Yes, that is the database I'm referring to, and no they don't look good. There should only be one entry... not more than one as you have.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I just see this repeated closing of the database (or ist this the bad thing?)...
    Yes, that is the bad thing. That is what I meant when I said "no they don't look good". Again: there should not be repeated "closing database" lines. You should only see one of these:
    SQLiteClient: Closing database: VideoDatabaseV5.db3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom