Streamed MP v1.1.0 Stable [18 May 2010] [Supports MP 1.1.0 RC3+] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashel

Portal Member
May 9, 2006
Ocala, FL USA
Re: *NEW* Streamed MP v1.1.0 Stable [18 May 2010] [Supports MP 1.1.0 RC3+]

I'm not sure if this is a StreamedMP issue, MovingPictures/TVSeries issue, or a Mediaportal issue, but after removing Mediaportal and doing a clean install of 1.1.0 RC3 with the latest StreamedMP package I'm unable to play any video file at all - dvix, x264, nothing works. This occurs in both MovingPictures AND TVSeries. Mediaportal will completely come to a grinding halt and I've got to kill the process in task manager to close it down. I'll attach my log zip in a few minutes

edit: it's definitely something with StreamedMP and the MovingPictures/TVSeries plugins - running Mediaportal in Debug mode with no custom plugins/skins videos play fine.

cashel, I cant see anything in the logs that might indicate what the problem is. What happens if you play the files in MyVideos using the StreamedMP skin. If that fails you should test again by disabling TVSeries/MovingPictures as well. Atleast then you know its tvseries/movingpictures causing your problems.

Need more info and help narrowing it down.

I did notice a strange MediaInfo error in your movingpictures log, did you delete mediainfo.dll by anychance? Also confirm that exists in your mediaportal directory.

I haven't deleted anything to my knowledge. I did however change the the priority of where it pulls the media info from. I use Metabrowser to pull all my info, coverart, backdrops, etc. so I set it to pull from the mymovies.xml file for each movie first. I also did this for TVSeries, but for some reason, it's not displaying the banners and backdrops for the TV series, just the info. The MediaInfo.dll file is in the Mediaportal directory

I'll give MyVideos a shot here shortly to see if it works.

I'm unable to play any video file at all - dvix, x264, nothing works. This occurs in both MovingPictures AND TVSeries. Mediaportal will completely come to a grinding halt and I've got to kill the process in task manager to close it down.

edit: it's definitely something with StreamedMP and the MovingPictures/TVSeries plugins - running Mediaportal in Debug mode with no custom plugins/skins videos play fine.

I'm experiencing this exact same problem after updating to RC3 and StreamedMP 1.1.0.1303.

*Update* It's definitely the Moving Pictures plugin that's causing the problems.

Good to hear I'm not the only one and you've pinpointed the issue. Did you get the issue with TvSeries as well? This happens to me with movies and tv shows.

*Update* tried MyVideos in StreamedMP and every video no matter what codec freezes Mediaportal. Also, I just realized what may be bringing up that MediaInfo.dll. For some reason MovingPictures has been freezing while trying to pull media info both locally and via IMDB, so that could be why it's giving an error, whenever it freezes I've had to kill the Configuration process in the task manager to close it.

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

Edit: I see the problem, will resolve it for next release. Was due to how MediaPortal now version the product in RC3.

If you cant wait for next maintenance release, just edit the videoOSD.xml file and search for:

Code:
    <import>videoOSD.mediainfo.xml</import>

and replace with:

Code:
    <import>videoOSD.mediainfo2.xml</import>
    Thanks. I'll try it in a few hours.

It works fine ;)

That's right... :)

zaneiken

Portal Member
    January 23, 2009
    Home Country

Good to hear I'm not the only one and you've pinpointed the issue. Did you get the issue with TvSeries as well? This happens to me with movies and tv shows.

None of my videos will play (any codec, be it from My Videos, Moving Pictures, or TVSeries) if Moving Pictures is enabled. I then have to kill MP in task manager. When I disable Moving Pictures the videos work fine.

Anyone have any ideas?

Logs attached:
    View attachment 62255

*UPDATE* I've replaced MediaInfo.dll with an older version from a backup I had of my RC2 install. Everything seems to work OK now.

cashel

Portal Member
    May 9, 2006
    Ocala, FL USA

Thanks man I appreciate it.

*Update* Everything works great now thanks again

SV81

Portal Member
    May 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: *NEW* Streamed MP v1.1.0 Stable [18 May 2010] [Supports MP 1.1.0 RC3+]

:DThank you for this great plugin, the new version works like a charm !!!
    I just got one question about the Sleep Control Plugin? Am I right that StreamedMP supports this plugin since this release?
    Because if I want to enter the Sleep Control plugin screen i just get a black screen with a notification that a file is wrong or missing. I use the recent version of Sleep Control (v0.7)
    Yes, SleepControl support has been added. Attach logs if you need help.

Problem solved! I forgot to copy the TV library files to my Mediaportal folder to make the plugin work because I didn't install the TV part of Mediaportal.
    Now everything works perfect and I like the animated backdrops.:D

PS: I made a clean install of RC3 and StreamedMP and I have no problems with my movie files in Moving Pictures or TVSeries like some people mentioned here. Everything plays fine (xvid, x264,Blu-rays). I use the SAF 5.0 codec pack.

best regards
    Stephan

CandyAndy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2008
    Darmstadt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi folks,

the plugin last.fm with audioscrobbler don't work.
    (webbrowser is enable)

Works this plugin with the skin :confused:

thanks in advance for your answers

Edit 1: I find out what happen, it is in the music menu.
    First i think it must be in the Menu plugin, but it hidden in Musik :)

CandyAndy

Ponyriemen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2007
    /root/home
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: *NEW* Streamed MP v1.1.0 Stable [18 May 2010] [Supports MP 1.1.0 RC3+]

i am missing some green Dots on the right Side, for showing me, wich Channel is tunable. Only the red-Symbols are present, if a Channel is recording right now, or a Channel is NOT tuneable. But the Green-Symbols are missing...
    Has someone a clou what happens with them?

bildschirmfoto2010-05-11h0.png

diskeeper

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2007
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: *NEW* Streamed MP v1.1.0 Stable [18 May 2010] [Supports MP 1.1.0 RC3+]

you have the icons deleted?
    is in media tv_is_available.png/tv_is_timeshifting.png/tv_is_unavailable.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom