StreamedMP Patches (2 Viewers)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Andreas26/thirdoff, these errors have nothing to do with StreamedMP but WorldWeather plugin instead. I suggest you check the configuration of WorldWeather and make sure everything is right. Also please report in WorldWeather thread.

thirdoff

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2011
    This started with the streammp update. I had never seen it and now we see it about 10-20 times a day. it started 5 minutes after the update. I have never installed a weather plugin, is it included? I do also see a zipcode error in the weather plugin you mention. They are related as at the very least the update was a trigger.

I disabled worldweather, we'll see if it goes away. Thank you.

I think the update changed a configuration file registered with the firewall. I think this because I had to "re-allow" access for Media Configuration in the firewall. The plugin is being blocked by the firewall. The streammp update caused this change.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    We dont change any firewall settings...and yes StreamedMP does install WorldWeather plugin but only if you originally selected it as part of setup (which you obviously did).

The patch would of updated your WorldWeather plugin from your previous installation (only update and not install). Maybe something in WorldWeather plugin now tries to get something that is blocked by your firewall and doesnt handle it gracefully (I dont know).

thirdoff

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2011
    Denial does not fix problems. I have reinstalled and recreated the issue and YES it is the MP configuration and firewall related. Deny if you want but SOMEHOW (magically if not by your process) the update is causing the media portal configuration to need access. This is a recreate-able issue and can be fixed by simply launching the mediaportal config and allowing it access. Common install did not select weather, your plug in does install/update that plug in and that is what caused the issue. So people with the issue after the update of the skin will want this fix until the cause is resolved. Thank you for your great dev work. I like the layout a lot.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Denial does not fix problems. I have reinstalled and recreated the issue and YES it is the MP configuration and firewall related. Deny if you want but SOMEHOW (magically if not by your process) the update is causing the media portal configuration to need access. This is a recreate-able issue and can be fixed by simply launching the mediaportal config and allowing it access. Common install did not select weather, your plug in does install/update that plug in and that is what caused the issue. So people with the issue after the update of the skin will want this fix until the cause is resolved. Thank you for your great dev work. I like the layout a lot.

First of all: i did a clean install on 1 system, updated skin (did it twice)-> no issues.
    I updated my HTPC -> No issues.

2nd: (And i'll try to be nice...) If you think that you're gonna get support with that tone, without system specs and without logs.... Good luck! :mad:

thirdoff

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2011
    Just recreated the issue again to be sure, so (and I usually don't care if I'm nice) I am not looking for support on this issue. I fixed my issues AND found the cause (streammp update). I am just trying to help the next person. The issue is NEVER helped by "NOT ME" or "NOT MY PLUG IN" especially when indirectly it was that reason. Every issue is caused by someone and it does not mean anything negative
    People that have this issue can fix it by setting the firewall or disabling the worldweather. Which was affected by the streamMP update in 1-2012. And when you did the install, either your setup is different or you changed a setting and did not do default (no changes). You're welcome. The configuration file is blocked for some reason after the streammp update. VERIFIED.

That you for your help devs, no tone intended. the only tone I hear is "we didn't do it, we COULDN'T have done it" which helps NO ONE.

Specs are not needed to share this type of solution.

I post perfectly when I ask for real help (check), but thank you for your advice. :-\

Have a great day, I am!

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yesterday Ive reinstalled my machine and put on the latest StreamedMP install. I also received the mentioned error. I've deleted Word Weather and now i'm not getting the error anymore. I did enable worldweather through the installation of StreamedMP so that would be the cause.

What exactly do you have to adjust to the firewall?! because I haven't gotten any messages.

Brett Coster

Portal Member
    September 25, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have to agree with the above posts. I applied the most recent (NOV) skin update, with no other changes, and my TV service stopped working. Various other posts directed me to change server ports, but without success. After reading this post, i disabled World Weather and everything works perefectly. World weather does not play nice with Streamed MP. Any advice for which weather service works on this skin? Direct me to another post rather than derail this one.

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom