StreamedMP skin support for MP-TVSeries 2.5 (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Original:

52516d1262430376-streamedmp-skin-support-mp-tvseries-2-5-tvseries-episodeslist-default.jpg

Possible alteration:

alternative.jpg

I guess the only downside is the right menu arrow may interfere in which case you'd have to put it within the fanart window. Just an idea for you to ponder.

trekkiedj

Portal Pro
    August 7, 2009
    Cirencester
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    While on the subject of possible layout changes... i have two requests.

1st: I like the 5x2 with poster layout, however i wonder if it would be possible to modify it to have a 7x3 or 8x3 layout with smaller banners (I have a 50" plasma so smaller is fine for me).

2nd: I love streamedMP, but one thing i would like is the official logos for sound, resolution and others... such as is used in the x-factor skin. Is this a possiblity?

Otherwise, outstanding work team, as always.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Some of the screenshots have the logos in the top black bar, i'm not sure if icon style logos would fit in that nicely. you should do some mockups yourself.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Graphical MediaInfo Logos are a possibility I have thought of and may introduced a alternative in a future version of StreamedMP.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    using default 5x2 wide banner poster view which contains all the info I want. This is great but just seems a little too black. not sure what could be done to improve this though?? Perhaps a background image?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    using default 5x2 wide banner poster view which contains all the info I want. This is great but just seems a little too black. not sure what could be done to improve this though?? Perhaps a background image?

The black was done on purpose as you cant really make the fanart out behind all that content covering it up :)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country

The black was done on purpose as you cant really make the fanart out behind all that content covering it up :)

was not so much thinking about fanart but perhaps a static image. I can code but my design skills are terrible :)

Just seems that with this it is too black (perhaps the banners are slightly too dark or we need that patch to put borders around images?) everything seems to merge into the background and nothing stands out?? Perhaps it is just me.... I would like to use fanart but can't see any way of getting fanart and something like 5x2 on the widescreen banners on screen at the same time.

bornslippy

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This looks good and was ready to try it out. But every time i install that version MP has a critical error on me and dumps. Not just with StreamedMP with Blue aslo. Today I tried the latest skin files and no improvement. Basically I have to uninstall MP and StrmMP to get things back up and running. Thank god for backups. Any suggestions on whats going on with my setup? Latest version of StreamedMP and the latest of MP.

Do you have MovingPictures 1.0 beta by any chance? There is a known issue with it storing PNG images and MediaPortal trys to cache them on load when generating the cache. As always logs may help us identify the issue you are experiencing.

yeah i am running MovingPictures 1.0. I tried again last night to run the latest TVSeries but still got the wrong skin error or no skin error. i cleared my cash before install it and just the zip file not the mpi file. here are some logs if you want to take a look at it. i ended keeping the new 2.5 skin files and putting back the 2.3 dll file just so we could watch some shows last night. doesn't look pretty but it works. for movingpictures i have about 6gb of files it grabs. i have had to clear them out so i wouldnt get the memory error on start up. but of course it gets filled back up. let me know if you see anything that i have configured wrong or if you need different logs. i am going to try tonight with the latest tvseries and see what happens.

Attachments

• MP-TVSeries.bak
      30.6 KB
    • MediaPortal.bak
      30.6 KB
    • error.bak
      30.6 KB

donfrankie

Portal Member
    November 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I would like to add the watched/unwatched from list posters to the widebanner 5x2 + poster, is that possible?

Attachments

• widebanner 5x3+poster.jpg
      widebanner 5x3+poster.jpg
      256.2 KB
    • list posters.jpg
      list posters.jpg
      306.3 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thats doable donfrankie, perhaps you can add an enhancement to the StreamedMP issue tracker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom