Stuttering on Videos/DVD etc on Nvidia 6200 Turbocache (1 Viewer)

ian4958

Portal Member
March 5, 2006
Hi there,

Can anyone help?

I have an Asus Geforce 6200 tuebocache... I have replaced the drivers with the latest Nvidia drivers but it stutters a little - Let me try and explain that ... It seems to happen when watching a standard xvid (or any codec) .. there is a small line (very fine) that jumps through the picture.. as if it has problems keeping up.

I have it set to Intervideo Video codec as suggested in one of the forums and I also have antialias turned off, Quality set from High Perfornance to high quality and visa versa but still it cause me problems.

The connection is via composite out to my TV....

This is a really strange, am i missing something?

Any help or info would be really appreciated

thanks in advance

Ian

ian4958

Portal Member
March 5, 2006
Oh I though i better mention my specs also..

It has 500 mb of DDR memory (400)

And a clean windows xp install on an 80 gb HD

and a Sempron 3200 (64) processor..

I think i must have enough power here....

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
Is this a horizontal line across the picture? If so, do you have exclusive directx mode enabled?

ian4958

Portal Member
March 5, 2006
Hi thanks for the reply.

Ermm I presume i do, ... but yes it is a horizontal line across the picture.. normally when the image is changing from one scene to another

In setup of mediaportal i have set the V9 renderer rather than V7.. and i have directx v9 installed on the pc.

Is there something other than that, that i need to do?

Thanks again

Ian

druden

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
Denmark
ian4958 said:
Ermm I presume i do, ...

Hi Ian, as jawbroken says, you need to enable "use Exclusive DirectX Mode for fullscreen tv/video". It's in the General section of the MediaPortal - Setup application.

ian4958

Portal Member
March 5, 2006
Wow! That was it... thanks.... I must have missed that!!

It works so much better now.....

Thanks druden and jawbroken......

Much appreciated

Best regards

Ian

druden

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
Denmark
ian4958 said:
Wow! That was it... thanks.... I must have missed that!!

So did I a few months ago. I wonder if there's any reason not to enable that feature? (might be a requirement for other video cards to leave it disabled, but nVidia 6200 TC and 4600 TI versions definitely need it ;-))

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I believe you are talking about tearing. If you still notice the occasional tearing, be sure to enable Vertical Sync in your display drivers. I just did that today and it got rid of my tearing.

ian4958

Portal Member
    March 5, 2006
    hi there,

i must admit, its gone completely ... but i did look for vertical sync but couldn't find it....

Where abouts in the drivers is it..??

Thanks

Ian

druden

Portal Pro
    January 2, 2006
    Denmark
    ian4958 said:
    Where abouts in the drivers is it..??

Display properties, Settings, Advanced, GeForce 6200 TurboCache(TM) tab (or whatever GeForce card you have). Then a side pane folds out - click "Performance and Quality settring" and browse the list of global driver settings to find "Vertical sync".

Didn't try it myself yet since the "Exclusive DirectX mode..." thing did it for me, but maybe it's better to avoicd Exclusive DirectX mode if this driver setting will do it. Anyone who has experience on this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom